cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

d_vine
Adept II

Since 16.3. FRTC causes tearing with disabled VSYNC in game

Since 16.3. I have to disable vsync in-game to have FRTC working. It worked pretty well with vsync enabled in-game up to 16.2.1.

Problem: Disabled vsync in game causes annoying tearing. Enabling vsync always on and/or OpenGL buffer on/off won't make any difference.

Why did FTRC & vsync enabled in-game work up till 16.2.1....and not it doesn't anymore. TEARING is not an option.

Win10 64

HD8900m

i7 x920

16GB Ram

0 Kudos
3 Replies
d_vine
Adept II

Re: Since 16.3. FRTC causes tearing with disabled VSYNC in game

NO LUCK so far.

16.4. --> Frame rate target control won't work with VSYNC ON (in game), so VSYNC has to be turned off in game for FRTC to work = terrible tearing

16.5. --> dito = terrible tearing

No idea, what bug was introduced since 16.3., but please enable FRTC & VSYNC ON again...we know it worked before.

0 Kudos
d_vine
Adept II

16.5.2....same tearing with FRTC and disabled VYSNC (in game)

This has to be the least important point on the to-do list for upcoming crimson drivers...i guess

0 Kudos
loveclaire
Journeyman III

I have exactly the same problem as d.vine.

For games with in-game vsync setting, with vsync=off and FRTC works fine, e.g. 45fps. When vsync=on, FRTC does NOT work.

• Arma 3
  • Assetto Corsa

For games without in-game vsync setting, FRTC does not work at all.

• Dark Souls 2
  • Dark Souls 3

IIRC, FRTC was working in Dark Souls 2 on Crimson 15.11 where the frame rate can be fixed at 45fps via FRTC.

The issue has been persisted for several drivers - 16.3.2, 16.4.1, 16.6.1. Can Radeon driver team have a look at this issue?

Win10 64bit

HD7850

i7 6700K

16GB RAM

0 Kudos