Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zargan
Adept II

Short black screens again - RX 5700 XT

Hey all together,

its not long ago that I already did a thread cause I got black screens while playing Red Dead Redemption 2.

The issue there was "Radeon Chill". I deactivated it and was able to finish the game without any new black screen.

Now...

I started playing Division 2 again.

1. It is a known issue that DX12 in this game is very unstable what is very sad because with DX12 I can play the game very smoothly on ultra settings without stuttering. But after some minutes the game just freeze. So I have to use DX11 which performance for me is very shitty compared to DX12 but the game dont freeze. (Had a Geforce before btw and there I never had issues like that)

2. Now the game have random black screens for 2-3 seconds, game dont crash. This is the same bevahiour than I had before with Radeon Chill.

So... wth is going on with the drivers?

Are they really that damn bad and I need to think about going back to the green team where I dont have any black screens or DX12 crashes on any games I played? I hate to say things like this but I start to understand all people saying this.

The RX 5700 XT is a very expensive card. Its not acceptable for me that its so unstable. It would be "ok" for me if there were an official statement about an allover problem which will be fixed while settings the drivers to something special or so. But there is absolutly no real solution between all that complaining people in the internet. End they are really many.

Driver settings only have Sharpening and Anti Lag active. Can one of this features cause troubles like Radeon Chill, too? Should I just dont use any AMD features to get a stable card? Or maybe a preset which looks like very stable?

I really dont know what I should do now.

Any ideas?

Setup:

(Updates, Drivers, Bios, Firmware is on latest version. Also did a driver reinstall while using DDU and tried all bios modes of that GPU)

Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+

Windows 10 Home (64x)

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X

MSI X470 Gaming Plus

16GB RAM

2 Monitors:

Both Iiyama G-Master PL2730H

75Hz

Freesync enabled on both

Connected via DP

Changes cables, no difference.

Thanks!