Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zargan
Adept II

Re: Short black screens again - RX 5700 XT

Crazy stuff.

My mainbaord reacted a bit strange too because it did not set my RAM to 3200mhz but something below in bios settings.

I had to activate the XMP profile that he automatically used the 3200mhz.

Looks like compatibility is really a thing these days. =/

At the moment everything looks like to run fine. Hope it will stay like this and all over that AMD will some day bring a freaking fixed version of Adrenaline.

Thanks a lot for your much help.

Have a nice weekend.

colesdav
MVP

No problem. Thank for the feedback.
Have a good weekend too.

Bye.

0 Likes
iorangex
Journeyman III

I have an asus monitor, it has 75hz .. If I activate freesync this would harm?

0 Likes
fyrel
Miniboss

No you won't damage the monitor by turning on freesync.

The issue is with multi-monitor setups where freesync is enabled on both(all) the monitors.

It seem to happen more often with higher resolutions and particularly when the monitors are running different refresh rate,

I assume it's caused by the GPU being unable to meet all the different refresh rates when under heavy load.

Common effect seen are graphical glitches on both monitors and black screens.

0 Likes
zargan
Adept II

Yes, seems like activate it on multiple monitors make strange things.

It doesnt was the solution for me with the blackscreens but I had also the issue that sometimes my windows taskbar was popping up ingame for a very short. I dont tested enought to be very sure it helped but Im still in testing.

I am really close to RMA the card to get a nvidia. This driving me crazy compared to the price. xD

0 Likes
ariggo90
Adept I

i use to get these problems even returned 1 gpu and got a replacement n the replacement card did the exact same thing, but i tried using the second display port on the card and all the screen flickers and black screen troubles went away, the hdmi port and the last 2 display ports work fine, i have xfx rx5700xt tripple dissipation on a msi x570-a pro with a r7 3700x

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Division 2 works better with DX11, the game has well know issues with DX12

0 Likes
zargan
Adept II

Yeah I know. It's a mess. Problem for me was that DX11 made it for me a bit stuttering while DX12 was super smooth. Funny is that after reinstalling the driver multiple times the last weeks in all combinations I yesterday played for about 3 hours without one freeze.

I really dont get it what is wrong. xD

0 Likes
vanadium
Adept II

Set Graphics Profile to Standard. I was getting random game crashes and short black screens. The cause was Image Sharpening and/or Anti-lag. The Standard setting disables both and the issues went away.

My system is largely stable after that. However, there are still minor issues with the latest driver:
1. The VRAM reading is completely faulty and grows with uptime.
2. Any newly launched Windows Explorer windows will very rarely bug out (might be a Windows 20H1 bug). Portions of the window will have varying text sizes and bolding. (I simply close and re-open those windows)
3. An old system using R9 270X has a 12 bpc monitor on HDMI. Setting Color Depth to 8 bpc under Display in Radeon Software does not fix the green tint in games (suggesting 12 bpc is still active), however, using DVI (to force it to 8 bpc) fixes the issue.

Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Not that long ago a wholesale update for the game was released

0 Likes