cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gaijinbuu
Adept I

Re: Shader cache only generates 64KB files?

Come on man... I've already told you you this was fixed in April 2018 for Polaris cards. You're not going to have the same issue I'm having or other RX 5700 card users are. You really should have started out with that information.

Thanks for trying to help but any information or testing you can provide is irrelevant as the issue was already fixed for your cards in April 2018.

0 Kudos
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Maybe you're right, maybe not. The game has using shader cache (30MB or more not 64KB), as you mentioned in the title. And it is possible that you will have problems if the driver does not create shader cache file.

0 Kudos
nopancakemix
Journeyman III

Hey! I have a Vega 64 on the latest drivers and am having the exact same issue in Destiny 2! I am beyond frustrated trying to fix this issue and I've been searching online nearly everyday for a solution so when I saw this post I had to make an account to echo your frustrations!

I thought something else was wrong because I've also read about how this was fixed previously but it seems to be a bug that has been reintroduced somehow. 

Everything that gaijinbuu‌ described is the same for me, I have the game on a fast SSD and the load times start off fine but get unbearably long, 5min+ load times where my fireteam is already across the map but only after playing the  game for 30 minutes and gets worse the longer the play session.

I've tried many things to fix this issue but i am convinced this is driver related. 

0 Kudos
goodplay
MVP

Seeing as were going to add any graphics card, I have not yet had any long load time.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.
0 Kudos
martwekolano
Journeyman III

Hey, did you fix that? I have same problem on rx480, 2020 adrenalin drivers

0 Kudos
fuski
Journeyman III

Try to reinstall your OC that personally helped me. Seems like it was some registry problem.

0 Kudos
martwekolano
Journeyman III

You mean OS? Didn't worked for me

0 Kudos