cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gaijinbuu
Adept I

Re: Shader cache only generates 64KB files?

Do you mean delete the file here? C:\Users\userhere\AppData\Local\AMD\DxCache ? That's the folder in your screenshots and all the ATI folder has is another folder called ACE with another folder called APL with a 5KB file in there called user.blb

Also using %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\ATI\ and switching to my username with the % symbols just tries to open a web page.

0 Kudos
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

I mean that delete file user.blb ... This file effects shader cache settings. You may also delete old shader cache files. After the changes you need to restart the system. This is important. Driver does not apply the settings without restarting. I solved this problem briefly like this.

0 Kudos
gaijinbuu
Adept I

Okay so just to make sure I now delete the ShaderCache_DEF that you told me to add previously and input REG_SZ instead? Your initial post said to add ShaderCache_DEF, so just checking.

0 Kudos
gaijinbuu
Adept I

Nevermind I see what you mean by "Type REG_SZ", but I am supposed to delete the ShaderCache_DEF and not add a new one?

0 Kudos
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Annotation 2019-10-17 201137.png

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000\UMD]
"ShaderCache_DEF"="2"

If ShaderCache registry exists, it will be deleted.
ShaderCache_DEF registry will be added, such as the above image and regedit content.
Radeon Global Settings should look like it doesn't have Shader Cache setting, as in the picture above.

0 Kudos
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

the defaults for the shader cache work fine, no need to mess with it

0 Kudos
gaijinbuu
Adept I

Default settings when I installed Destiny 2 did not work fine for me. The game would get progressively slower to load taking me anywhere from 5-10+ minutes to load into any event or location. As mentioned it was an issue that was fixed before.

0 Kudos
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

I have written to you how to turn on shader cache for all DX11 games. With Regedit data, shader cache are enabled for all games. Also, with creating a game profile, shader cache can be forced to enable. AMD gaming profiles sometimes occur via Steam ID. So adding game exe may not work. If you make the necessary changes but you cannot get results...
https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 
Also, enabling this feature does not usually give you more FPS. It only allows you to get stable FPS. As you mentioned in the title ... If AMD shader cache doesn't create a file larger than 64KB and you've done what you need... Maybe the game doesn't support it. You asked questions without specifying what your problem was. I'm just trying to answer your question. But I'm not sure the problem is shader cache.

0 Kudos
gaijinbuu
Adept I

I didn't specify my problem? Are you sure you read my initial post because I definitely explained the problem as well as linked to a related reddit thread with numerous people documenting the issue and linked to a driver update from last April which explicitly states it resolved the issue I specifically mentioned in my post.

I stated both that my AMD cache files are generating at 64KB in my cache directory and that I was having an issue with increasingly long load times in Destiny 2 (which I can guarantee supports cache as other have reported as much).

I never once complained about unstable frame rates or even responded to a post from you since the 17th. Not trying to be a jerk or anything but I have no idea where your most recent comment has come from or why it was posted or how you seem to think I didn't specify a single issue.

0 Kudos
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Using shader cache feature increases loading time. Shader cache feature writes some data to the buffer at the time of loading and provides consistent FPS using this buffer after loading. That's all. This game pushes hard drives with new updates and increases the load times. I can confirm that this game has this problem, because I played it.

0 Kudos