cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

int3rimo
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Severe lagging/hanging with RX Vega 64 on 17.8.2 with some web pages after waking system on Windows 10 Pro.

Oh I see. Did reverting back to 17.9.3 Driver resolved the problem? Then I will do the same. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
gh0st47
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Severe lagging/hanging with RX Vega 64 on 17.8.2 with some web pages after waking system on Windows 10 Pro.

Not really...but I think it did lessen the lag. There are new Driver now 17.10.3. You could try that ? But I don't Titanfall 2 much now, so I'm sticking with 17.9.3 for now.

0 Kudos
schokimonster
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I had the same problems with the 17.8.2 drivers. The problem was fixed when installing 17.9.1

0 Kudos
bik95122
Adept I
Adept I

not only vega GPU have this problem but also my apu a6 with r4 (bit old laptop) since release of driver version 16, so yeah i am surviving on Drivers version 15 all these years sadly, Never mind, i was on Red team, now i am thinking for switching to Blue and Green team if you catch what i mean :[

0 Kudos
matiaskb
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I experience this issue now with the following setup:

Even though in PUBG have an average of around 110 fps (according to steam), i have severe issue with frame drops, while cloning my screen to multiple screens.

Radeon-softwareversion - 18.1.1

Radeon-softwareudgave - Adrenalin

Grafik-chipset - Radeon RX Vega

Høj båndbredde cache størrelse - 8176 MB

Høj båndbredde cache type - HBM2

Central clockfrekvens - 1750 MHz

Windows-version - Windows 10 (64 bit)

Systemhukommelse - 32 GB

CPU-type - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight-Core Processor

And a Samsung 4K monitor connected with DP using freesync

help!

0 Kudos
samet
Adept I
Adept I

I had those stuttering, lag issue. What I did was disabling hpet from within windows in command line while leaving it enabled in bios because I could not reboot if it was disabled in bios. Then I disabled fast boot in control panel, and in power settings, I selected Amd ryzen balanced mode and customised it settings. In the bios I also disabled all cpu features like cool and quiet, cstate control, opcache, mode0, spread spectrum etc..., I just leaved SVM Enabled because I need it for vmware. I also set my cpu speed to 3200 by setting multiplier to 32, instead of using auto. XMP is enabled on profile 2 ( I have a MSI x470 carbon pro ). There is no lags anymore it is super fast. I noticed that in ryzen master, before all those fixes, edc was at 100% in red, now it is at 85%. Everything works normaly.

There is also a bug related to windows 10 not feeing up standby memory, so it causes lags, download a program named EmptyStandbyList. search tutorials on web on how to make it works it is easy, and that way memory will always be free, and the will be no lags.

I also found out that after reenabling fast boot in power settings, or waking up from hibernation makes lags and stutterings come back. And also, waking up from sleep does not work : /

0 Kudos