cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

milo01
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Severe lagging/hanging with RX Vega 64 on 17.8.2 with some web pages after waking system on Windows 10 Pro.

Same problem here!

I disabled hardware acceleration in browser but sometimes just the restart help.

0 Kudos
tonyturbo78
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Severe lagging/hanging with RX Vega 64 on 17.8.2 with some web pages after waking system on Windows 10 Pro.

exactly the same thing man, I find I cant record when the HEVC option is missing from the encoding options.  When its on AVC, when i hit record, the recording timer briefly flashes on the desktop but nothing starts recording.  Some issues with these early drivers

0 Kudos
rms
Adept II
Adept II

17.9.1 driver is out!  And so far the sleep issue is fixed!  I reenabled Hardware Acceleration & Sleep, no problems thusfar.  Really wish I'd kept Wolfenstein Old Blood installed, to see if the extended level loads & cutscene loads are improved by this also, perhaps someone else can check!

0 Kudos
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been addressed in the Crimson 17.9.1 driver which is now available for download from the amd.com web site.

rygoat
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Signed up while trying to find a solution to my issue, sounds similar enough to warrant posting here (hopefully).
Recently upgraded from a worn-out HD7950 3GB to the Vega 56 8gb and since doing the upgrade my mouse stops responding every time there's a windows popup/dialogue (and sometimes without any reason at all, its happened multiple times during this post).
Thought it was a simple driver issue so updated to 17.9.1 and the problem persisted, just finished doing a clean re-install of windows (figured it was overdue) and sadly the problem still remains. I only have to unplug my mouse and plug it back in for my mouse to become active again but god damn its frustrating to have happen during gameplay.

I've tried through multiple USB controllers (my mainboard has three separate USB controllers, 1xUSB 2.0 and 2xUSB3.0) and found it keeps happening. Weirdly even if I'm using the ports on my G19 keyboard the keyboard will continue to function but the mouse stops responding.

0 Kudos
milo01
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

With 17.9.1 now much better but sometimes facebook+flash radio player in opera browser (aida64 in backround) can be a killer combo.

0 Kudos
rms
Adept II
Adept II

If the mouse has a mouse driver, install it now.  On first installing Win10 ages ago my mouse disappear also, until it occurred to me I never reinstalled the mouse driver.  Might be a USB power/suspend issue or bad mouse, but first choice is the driver.

0 Kudos
milo01
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Disable hardware acceleration in browser still helps.

0 Kudos
int3rimo
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

My PC just severely drops frames by 50 during bomb blasts in titanfall 2. Have you found any fix of this? Is there any way we can let AMD know about this matter?

0 Kudos
gh0st47
Adept II
Adept II

It's a Driver issue. I have it too. But I don't experience this on my old PC. With Windows 7 and an i5 3550 + Fury.
On my new PC, 1700X + Fury / VEGA 64 and Windows 10 I'm getting that huge frame drop.
Normally it's from either Arc Grenade or Lighting Sword....I'm on 17.9.3 Driver. 17.10.1 gave me huge problems.
Only thing to do is wait for them to fix it.

0 Kudos