cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rms
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Severe lagging/hanging with RX Vega 64 on 17.8.2 with some web pages after waking system on Windows 10 Pro.

A workaround is to disable Hardware Acceleration in Win10.  This makes website videos work (for me):  Hit Windows+R, type inetcpl.cpl, Advanced tab, Hardware Acceleration checkbox.  Remember to re-enable HA when new drivers come out

twinstar
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Severe lagging/hanging with RX Vega 64 on 17.8.2 with some web pages after waking system on Windows 10 Pro.

VEGA 56 user here, get exactly the same freezes and hanging while using Chrome or any other Browser.

0 Kudos
gh0st47
Adept II
Adept II

Well I think this work for me in Google Chrome. I've only disabled it on Google Chrome.

0 Kudos
seerkhen
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

it for sure hardware acceleration turn it off for browser you use, did this for edge and chrome

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
icey_haj
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hey guys,

I've also got a VEGA 56 and I'm experiencing the same issues. I'm getting slight freezing/stuttering when playing videos in chrome. I also get some massive FPS drops in game, when I'm normally over 120fps, it can drop to like 40 all of a sudden.

I was going to RMA the card as I thought it was just me and perhaps it was faulty, but maybe it seems it's a driver issue.

msoky9
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

try uninstall AMD AHCI controller driver and replace it with standart microsoft driver...this helped me (AMD driver was dated from 2015 and I have ryzen + AM4 motherboard)

0 Kudos
gh0st47
Adept II
Adept II

Having same exact issue. I'm having Frame drop in Titanfall 2, but other games it's ok except for massive inconsistent Frametime which causes annoying stuttering !
As of just now things just got worst ! I while playing Titanfall 2....all sudden the game becomes super laggy and my entire PC just crash, I think it's a BSOD...
The screen literally just become Blue it doesn't show any error code etc. But it has a loud sound loop, back then my HD 7870 had same issue but it's a hardware issue, but that's a Black screen.... please don't tell me I'm facing hardware issue...it's newly built PC....
So  I check with WhoCrashed and this is what I got..

On Mon 9/4/2017 3:49:15 PM your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\090417-5765-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys (dxgkrnl+0x35FFB)
Bugcheck code: 0x100000EA (0xFFFFE404FB1EB600, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: DirectX Graphics Kernel
Bug check description: This indicates that a thread in a device driver is endlessly spinning.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 9/4/2017 3:49:15 PM your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (atikmdag+0x5A120)
Bugcheck code: 0xEA (0xFFFFE404FB1EB600, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
file path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0317359.inf_amd64_71db94a48cef0172\atikmdag.sys
product: ATI Radeon Family
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a thread in a device driver is endlessly spinning.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

0 Kudos
inacurate
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Also have this issue of a video starting in YouTube freezing the system, until it buffers or loads it feels like.

My Relive icon also flickers, and I cannot record/stream using Relive. - Anyone else specifically have this issue along with the freezing/stuttering?

I've been trying to research it the last week, am wondering now if it's a symptom of the same problem as the issue discussed in this thread.

Only time it seems to be fixed is the first time Relive runs after a DDU + driver install.

Recording/Streaming work perfectly until I restart/shutdown.

Maybe I'll rollback to the previous version and check that.

bootrom
Adept I
Adept I

Same issue for me, recording gameplay with Relive stopped working and the usual hw accel vid/gifs stalled constantly. I don't use sleep atm and I've disabled Win10 Fast Boot and now it's fixed. Waiting for new driver then I can use sleep and turn fast boot back on.

0 Kudos
smite
Adept I
Adept I

I have found a fix that works with the 17.8.2.

In Chrome settings go to advanced settings and turn off hardware acceleration. Doing this fixed the issue for me and I have had no issues any longer.

I tried several other things including using a different USB port for my mouse and installing the latest Logitech drivers etc. The above is the only thing that worked for me.

I first thought it was a mouse lag/stuttering issue.

0 Kudos