cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

armenix
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Severe lagging/hanging with RX Vega 64 on 17.8.2 with some web pages after waking system on Windows 10 Pro.

I'm getting some extreme hanging with loading any general video/image media on pages like Facebook, gifs on Reddit, and ads that load on Youtube (the video itself is fine) via Google Chrome after I wake my computer from sleep mode on Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit. Both my mouse and browser freeze up during loading. System perfoms normally once closed out of browser or media is loaded.

It does not do this with my R9 390x.

The problem is resolved when I restart my computer, and consistently reoccurs if I put my computer to sleep and wake it. Games seem unaffected but haven't tested extensively.

General system info:

Ryzen 7 1700x
32GB DDR4 Ram
RX Vega 64

1TB M.2 SSD

1000w PSU

4K freesync monitor

Anyone else suffering from this?

0 Kudos
35 Replies
rms
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Severe lagging/hanging with RX Vega 64 on 17.8.2 with some web pages after waking system on Windows 10 Pro.

I have this identical problem!  the system freezes repeatedly loading webpage elements on, say, CNN.com

This did not occur with my FuryX.  Hopefully the driver team can get a fix released quickly, as this is quite annoying!

BTW 'Signing Out' and then signing back in to Win10 also fixes it, so clearly a software issue.

EDIT. This is mentioned in the 17.8.2 driver notes as a Known Issue

Crosshair Hero VI

Ryzen 1800X (stock settings)

16GB

Vega 64 liquid

Corsair HX850i (separate 8pin cables used, not daisy-chained)

Win10 Pro

17.8.2 drivers

0 Kudos
gh0st47
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Severe lagging/hanging with RX Vega 64 on 17.8.2 with some web pages after waking system on Windows 10 Pro.

Damn I thought I'm the only one having this issue.
I'm facing the same exact problems.
I'm running on VEGA 64 Liquid and RyZen 1700X.
I thought it was my PC problem or something since I built it just yesterday. I can't believe such a serious issue exist.

It only happens to both of you while you're PC is waking up ?? It happen to me no matter what.

gh0st47
Adept II
Adept II

An update, I've tried reverting the Driver to 17.8.1 seems like it works for me.
Sadly I have another issue on my hand that I'm trying to solve or least find out what's the cause !

The mouse lag / stutter / pc freezing during videos / flash videos being loaded it's a GUARANTEE Driver issue.
But now I'm facing stuttering / massive frame rate drop in games even on 17.8.2 / 17.8.1. What I notice is, I keep having high frame time and all sudden lost of GPU Usage. I think that's what's causing it but when I stutter frame didn't dip much but it did dip. Then sometimes it's a massive dip...

CPU Usage is fine not being pegged ( come on it's a 1700X... )
I have both CPU and RAM at Stock.
Newly built PC already facing so much problem...I wonder if it's a Hardware issue / Driver..

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

Time for everyone to report this to AMD > AMD Issue Reporting Form

Does anyone have any third party graphics controller installed? Afterburner? Trixx? Asus? All of these conflict with AMD/Wattman controls and settings and should be deleted.

Is the computer Power Plan set to 'Performance' instead of the default 'balanced'?

0 Kudos
rms
Adept II
Adept II

When I uninstall drivers using guru3d's DDU, and then either before installing 17.8.2 or afterwards, no webpage freezing is observed.  It appears that as long as I Shutdown or Restart, and never use Screen Lock or Sleep, the hitching does not occur.  Do either of those, however, and webpage freezing immediately starts occurring.  Try this DDU yourself in case you are worried about a hardware issue.  Hope this gets fixed fast

0 Kudos
seerkhen
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I also have this issue

it is the vega somewhow

my 1080 with same setup doesnt do this as my 580

i use intel 7600k so not amd cpu related issue

hanging up when i play ahem "adult" content is not a good thing when you are trying to close quickly when someone coming in the room, please fix this asap AMD, my onbaord video does much better job!!!

0 Kudos
rms
Adept II
Adept II

Ugh, after another shutdown and reboot, it is occurring again, sigh. 

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

Are you sure Microsoft is not making some changes on restart? Did you prevent/delay them from automatically installing/changing drivers? One of these methods > Windows 10 Forums (and empty the C;/AMD folder of all drivers)

0 Kudos
gh0st47
Adept II
Adept II

I did that. I always do when I'm installing new Drivers.
Now I have bigger issue, only recently I finally finished up setting up everything and wanted to play games, EVERY SINGLE games I have a massive Frametime issue. My Frametime is very inconsistent causing massive lag / stutters ! Framerate is good, CPU ain't pegged at 100% but it is running at full speed 3.5 Ghz on all Cores no OC It will turbo boost sometimes but not always of course.
Every single game is the same, I've tried many solutions so far no fix. I don't know what's the cause. My Framerate most the time are good over 100 - 180 FPS in Doom @ 1440p. But Frametime was horrible, ranging from 30 - 90ms randomly. Sometimes I will just have few second of massive FPS dips....of course it be laggy then. GPU isn't even overheating...GPU Usage seems to be still on 90% - 100% ++
My RAM is at STOCK as well.
I'm using Windows 10 64-BIT, I didn't " Daisy Chain " the PSU cable for the GPU either. I had it split by having 2X PCIE cable from PSU to my GPU both individually independently just in case there isn't enough power.

These are the solutions I've tried...but no fix

1) Disabled Free Sync
2) Re-roll from 17.8.2 Driver to 17.81 ( But it fixed the video / flash video issue )
3) Change monitor Refresh Rate to 60hz
4) Disabled Windows Defender, Malware Bytes etc.
5) Disabled / Uninstall all monitoring programs.
6) Tried flipping the BIOS switch on GPU to the other BIOS.
7) Tried playing Fullscreen / Windowed
8) Tried using V-SYNC

So far nothing is working...I wonder is this a hardware issue / software....
I worry it maybe my CPU or Mobo or whatever, even RAM maybe ??
I do have my old Fury from my previous PC, maybe I have to test it on this new PC....

0 Kudos