cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

forgetremembering
Journeyman III

Serious Radeon vega 64 driver issue

I had my first crash from my Radeon Vega 64 just two days ago. From that crash I got BSoD loops that caused me to clean install windows as I couldn't figure out at the time what was causing the issue. From a clean install I started by using my GeForce 970 as my GPU since it has been dependable. When I plugged in the Radeon it was registered as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter in device manager: doing absolutely nothing.

So I figured installing drivers would get it functional again.

This is where my problems started again. Running Radeon Adrenalin freezes the computer. Running it in safe mode gives error 182. Updating the driver through device manager freezes the computer. Updating the drive through safe mode browsing for driver files downloaded on computer gets Microsoft Basic Display Adapter to register as Radeon Vega 64, Success! Normal reboot causes BSoD loop. Only solution so far to have a computer again is safe mode amdcleanuputility. Radeon Vega 64 is now a brick again.

System specs

Windows 10 OS

MSI X399 Creation Motherboard
Corsair RM750 PS
AMD Threadripper 2970WX processor
GSKILL 32GB RAM

and finally functional GTX 970

Not sure what to do from this point. I've also tried installing previous versions of Radeon Drivers. This also did not work.

2 Replies
Haxium
Journeyman III

Having the same issue and this is not the first time. Every time a windows update comes around I have to go through the same nonsense. Previous times uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling was working in safe mode however this time around nothing is working. Formatting Windows OS also doesn't resolve this issue.

If I install in safe mode I have the same issue where windows wont boot after normal restart. If I uninstall then normal boot I get to the desktop but when I attempt to install (new or old version of drivers) the screen flickers once then the screen goes black.

I've had the most problems with this product. Since this card first came out and ever since then these drivers have been giving issues.

fei78
Journeyman III

https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator

You need 1200W Power Supply.

0 Likes