cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

FulkGren
Journeyman III

Serious issues with 5700XT and Black screens

When trying to play games both monitors go back. I'm unable to clear them by refreshing the drivers (the ctrl ...... + B command) and i'm unable to turn them on except my restarting my computer. 

Upon restarting it shows that my GPU is disabled (probably due to an error) and I can re-enable it but it says it's still not working properly. 
I then get this error message (This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)).

I've tried deleting and reinstalling the GPU software and drivers.
I've tried deleting and reinstalling windows.

Nothing is working and I've only had this GPU for a year.
Any potential fixes? 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm just installing the latest Radeon driver without the adrenaline software after running Windows Update and new chipset software. Then deactivate network card, Windows Update, device installation setting to no. In safe mode with DDD or AMDcleanup delete all drivers and after the restart install the previously downloaded 21.11.2. After a restart, the network card can be reactivated. Since I've been doing this, I haven't had any problems with my RX5700XT when gaming or in Win10. All 5700s are totally overclocked in the standard setting of the Radeon driver with a core clock of 2100 and 1350 to 2010 and a core voltage of 1184 and 1100. I use the MSI Afterburner to adjust the graphics card. With the "GPU-Z" button lookup you can view the manufacturer-specific data of your graphics card and save the profiles accordingly in the Afterburner. Activate all ticks in the compatibility properties in user mode and reference design. Deactivate the two from AMD in Services (msconfig), which can also lead to crashes. If that doesn't work, you either have a BIOS problem or maybe you need to remove and re-install the graphics card.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

0 Likes
StaticLNX
Journeyman III

download DDU to the desktop , boot into safe mode, run DDU then after your computer boots up in normal mode install the latest driver for your GPU and chipset from AMD.com

0 Likes