cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jl5086
Elite

Secondary RX580 now "cycling" it's lighting?

So I just updated to the current Adrenaline 21.4.1 and now it seems to have caused my secondary GPU, which is an XFX RX580, to now decide it should cycle both it's fan LEDs and its "logo" LED.  They both come on for exactly 1 second, and then they both turn off for 5 seconds.  I really do approve of most every thing you have changed in this latest major update to your driver package, I think it's great, but this kinda bugs me.

0 Likes
2 Replies
jl5086
Elite

Really awesome that 3 updates later this still is happening.  Everything is perfectly fine UNTIL Windows loads the AMD video driver, and then it's right back to "Lights on.......Lights off" for the RX 580,  if there is some other reason for this I would like to know, because this is absolutely obnoxious, and there is no option for me to turn off any of the lights on this XFX RX580...besides removing the card itself.  It was immediately after an Adrenalin update that this behavior began and for the previous 2+ years my PC never caused this to happen.

0 Likes

21.7.1 no change.  Is there another reason it only starts doing this when Windows loads the AMD driver, THEN it starts to go on and off.  If I use DDU and remove the AMD driver and run windows with the generic driver this does not happen.  This GPU doesn't have any sort of controls for the lighting, so I've got no way to stop it from doing this. Like I said previously, it began this immediately after an update of the Adrenaline Software.

0 Likes