cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Scuffed Drivers, Please Fix

I bought an RX 6600XT not long ago. I can tell this is a good video card. When it works, it works pretty well. I had issues with BSODs, they were giving me some timing error, and instability. I've since tried a number of drivers, beta and release, and my system still has issues. Playing World of Warcraft Classic and watching a Twitch stream on a second monitor with Second Life running in the background appears to be too much for the drivers to handle. A number of times it's locked up on me or one of the apps has puked.

I like AMD stuff, I've been using AMD CPU's for years and years. This is forcing me to go back to using an Nvidia video card if the problems can't be resolved. This instability is unacceptable, and I never had crashes like this with the exact same hardware and only an RTX 2080 being the difference. Get it together and get the drivers right or I won't be able to buy another AMD video card.

Thank you for your time.

5600X - ASRock B550 M Phantom Gaming 4 - ASRock 6600XT Challenger D

6 Replies

I want to be as specific as possible, to help this get fixed. I've been watching it more closely and noting every time an app crashes. 

I'm running Windows 11 with 2 monitors using 22.8.2 drivers. One is DisplayPort and the other HDMI. With a Twitch stream open on one monitor, and Second Life running in the background with Firestorm viewer, and viewing other webpages on another monitor, the Twitch stream in Chrome crashes. This especially happens if there are multiple Firestorm viewers open and multiple Twitch streams open and I switch between them regularly. Usually I just have to restart the stream player in Chrome, but sometimes it completely locks up an instance of Second Life, and sometimes when I am also playing World of Warcraft Classic my whole system freezes and it requires a hard restart. I have everything updated that I can, including Chrome and Windows Updates and even the lastest BIOS and chipset drivers possible. Please get this fixed, thank you!

0 Likes

Go try 22.6.1 whql driver! works best atleast my 6600 xt strix

0 Likes

Turn off hardware acceleration would be first troubleshoot tip, and limit background apps. ?

And using any torrents, forget help here.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

To update this, I think I was a little too hard on the AMD driver developers, the problem seems to have been Windows 11. 

2022-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5016691) seems to have resolved the timing issues, I am no longer experiencing the crashes and instability with viewing multiple kinds of media and games at the same time. 

Make sure you install the Windows updates, this one seems to really fix it! Thank you all for the replies and suggestions, and I am happy that I can stay with AMD video cards in the future.

And people waste so much time on users who do not post that they're using insider/preview/beta/dev. builds ?

Report any issues direct to MS, you should know the drill, read the T & C (or are just an insider freeloader ?).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I'm using the release build of Windows 11, nothing experimental or insider. And I am still having stability issues. The latest BSOD was Video Scheduler Internal Error. This is horrible that it keeps happening, I thought it was fixed but it wasn't. The drivers are still janky even with the latest Windows updates.

0 Likes