cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Oguibe
Journeyman III

Screen suddenly fickers and goes black but laptop still on

I suddenly got a black screen on my Asus ROG zephyrus g15 laptop with AMD Ryzen 9 4900hs with Radeon graphics. I connected my laptop to my television and i got a display. my amd Radeon tm display adaoter was stopped by windows because it reported a problem but when i switch to Microsoft basic adapter, i still dont get a display. When I completely uninstalled the current AMD drivers and installed the new one on the website, the laptop begins to flicker continuously but still no display on the laptop is noticed. I have opened the system and tried reconnecting my hard drive and reconnecting the cables connecting the motherboard and the screen but still no display. I've also tried a hard reset by removing the battery and holding the power button for about 20 seconds but still no display. I'm currently getting a display only when I connect the laptop to the television with a HDMI cable. I've also tried completely resetting the system but nothing. I'm really confused and I don't know what to do again. Please someone help I've been trying to sort this out for about 4 days

1 Reply
kenadaAkira
Journeyman III

I have the same issue please post the solution if you found one.

0 Likes