cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

IsaacWipf
Adept I

Screen no longer gets a signal after software update

I recently updated my Radeon software (enterprise) to the latest version and after my pc restarted like it normally does after I update, my monitor doesn’t get a signal anymore.

I’ve tried switching hdmi cables, switching monitors, I took the pc apart to see if anything was wrong with the hardware, and still nothing seems to help.

I’m certain it’s something with the software after the update and I’m not sure how to fix it due to my monitor not getting a connection. 

has anyone else had this problem? And is there a fix?

Thank you in advance 

-Isaac

0 Likes
40 Replies
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

Do you see BIOS screen? 
If yes, then try to do safe mode boot. 

0 Likes

I don’t see anything, the pc turns on, and then the screen says no signal and nothing after that

0 Likes
hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

A software update has no effect on post display output.  Have you tried moving your monitor to another pc to see if it behaves the same way? 

When you try to start your pc does the mb post even though you don't see any output?  Does your mb have status led's that you can look at during post?  This is one reason that I only use mb's with qcode displays on them so I can see the bios readout when a problem occurs.

0 Likes

what does post mean? And I’ve tried multiple monitors with the pc and none of them worked so it’s something with the pc.

0 Likes

Can it be that cable failed for some reason? Had you tried different cable?

0 Likes

Yes I have, didn’t seem to make a difference

0 Likes
shadow007
Adept III

Reset Bios will fix it

MOBO :EVGA X299 DARK 151-SX-E299-KR CPU : Intel Core i9-10900X Skylake-X 10-Core 3.7 GHz LCR :Corsair Hydro Series H80i V2 GPU :SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 6900 XT SE MEMORY: CORSAIR Dominator Platinum SE Torque 32GB (4 x 8GB) CMD32GX4M4C3200C14T SSD 01: SAMSUNG 970 PRO M.2 1 TB NVMe PCI-Express 3.0 x4 MZ-V7P512BW SSD 02: SAMSUNG 860 PRO 256GBX2 Raid 0 PSU : Corsair AX1200I 1200 Watts CASE :Thermaltake (Armor+) VH6000SWA SC :Creative Sound Blaster AE-9 5.1 Channels Monitor Acer XR382CQK IPS 3840x1600 @ 75HZ BD Samsung SH-B123L

Cant reset bios, screen cant get any single from the pc at all

0 Likes

You can reset BIOS by unplugging the computer from wall socket and either shorting Clear CMOS pins for a couple of seconds or by removing CMOS battery for a few seconds, then putting it back in, plug computer and restart it.

As you do not mention anything about hardware or software, it is difficult to be more specific.

Just to be sure, you did connect monitors to GPU and not motherboard I/O ports?

0 Likes

I’ve tried unplugging the CMOS battery, and I connected the monitors to the GPU and the motherboard just to be safe

0 Likes

Something about this impossible

Double check power cable going to monitor is plugged in from both ends. I know it sounds stupid, but sometimes powercable can be... almost... plugged in to monitor and pushing it properly in fixes the issue.

Check that there are two cables connected to PSU and they both are connected to GPU. No daisy chaning (=so no splitting one cable from PSU to two connectors on GPU). Make sure CPU power cable is properly connected to PSU and motherboard. Check that motherboard powercable either has not come loose.

What machine do you have if you use enterprise drivers? Perhaps there is some weird protection system from your computer brand which does not allow machine to work if some component has changed or driver is not signed by that brand.

EDIT: Also try to remove and reseat GPU if already havent.

0 Likes

Just double checked and everything is seated and plugged in properly

i built my pc a while ago, so it doesn’t have a specific brand, I have an asus motherboard, ryzen cpu, and an readon rx 570, and 2 8gb sticks of viper elite ram, not sure what specific models my motherboard and cpu are

0 Likes

So let's go through this one more time:

1) You had a functioning machine
2) You did nothing else than updated graphics drivers and you did it yourself and did not use some "armory crate" or "free driver installer"
3) Why do you use enterprise drivers or what do you mean by it?
4) After or during installation of said drivers, you did not move computer nor change anything else, but screen simply doesn't show picture?
5) Does monitor power led come on? Do you see pre-boot messages? If you keep hitting Del button during restart, can you get to BIOS/do you see anything on screen?

0 Likes

1)machine worked fine although a little slow because the parts are getting old.

2)I simply opened the Radeon software app and updated from there.

3)not sure why it’s enterprise, I was using the adrenaline version and it switched at some point not sure why.

4)after the install the pc restarted like it normally does except this time the monitor doesn’t get a signal.

5)monitor works fine, LEDs come on, when I turn the pc on a message pops up saying it’s scanning for a signal and then it says a signal could not be found.

0 Likes

You have not mention what hardware you use, but drivers can't cause what you have. Likely something is plugged to where it isn't supposed to or then you have broken hardware. 

0 Likes

I don’t see how any of the hardware could be plugged in improperly or broken because it worked fine prior to the restart.

I have an asus motherboard, ryzen cpu, Radeon rx 570 gpu, Vega psu, and 2 8gb sticks of viper elite ram, I’ll look through boxes when I’m home from work later to get specific models for all the parts but hopefully that can help for now.

0 Likes

Thing is, drivers load when Windows loads. Going to BIOS and seeing a picture on monitor are not affected by drivers at all.

Remove HDD/SSD/M.2 and boot the machine. It should complain about missing system drive.

Remove every and all USB drives and accessories, including mouse and keyboard (remove those even if they are PS2). Connect your monitor to a laptop, AV-amplifier or anything you can to get any image on screen. DVD-player with hdmi will do too.

EDIT: Any chance you installed a firmware instead of drivers? That could destroy the GPU and make it not send picture.

0 Likes

I’ll give it a go

0 Likes

I don’t think I installed firmware, I took the gpu out and booted to see if that was the problem and still got nothing

0 Likes

If you took GPU out, where did you connect monitor? Just asking this maybe multiple times, because I once got asked about no signal and even after asking it many times and been told it's connected to where it's always been, it ended up being monitor cable connected to motherboards video outputs and not GPU's video output.

0 Likes

Press and hold Reset Button in the Moboard for 10 sec. then release

MOBO :EVGA X299 DARK 151-SX-E299-KR CPU : Intel Core i9-10900X Skylake-X 10-Core 3.7 GHz LCR :Corsair Hydro Series H80i V2 GPU :SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 6900 XT SE MEMORY: CORSAIR Dominator Platinum SE Torque 32GB (4 x 8GB) CMD32GX4M4C3200C14T SSD 01: SAMSUNG 970 PRO M.2 1 TB NVMe PCI-Express 3.0 x4 MZ-V7P512BW SSD 02: SAMSUNG 860 PRO 256GBX2 Raid 0 PSU : Corsair AX1200I 1200 Watts CASE :Thermaltake (Armor+) VH6000SWA SC :Creative Sound Blaster AE-9 5.1 Channels Monitor Acer XR382CQK IPS 3840x1600 @ 75HZ BD Samsung SH-B123L
0 Likes

"Press and hold Reset Button in the Moboard for 10 sec. then release"

What is that supposed to do? Does not reset BIOS at least in my computer with Asus X570 motherboard, nor have I ever heard about this option before. Could be something a single brand does, but not common.

0 Likes
ARL
Journeyman III

POST is a set of procedures your PC does before booting in to OS. During the POST your motherboard could have LED lights with these names on: Boot-CPU-DRAM or VGA .These lights will give you an indication to where the problem could be. I have added a picture to illustrate 

81912C94-C23A-43B5-B111-6A44EB1C64BC.jpeg

I don’t see any status LEDs on the mother board

0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

does your board give postcode readouts? I had the same issue, well still happens on occasion. My motherboard was giving me a post code of 94 (PCI bus Enumeration 32) it has seemed to resolve itself somewhat,  but try just leaving it on, if it bootloops after a couple minutes just leave it alone. one of the bootloops will boot normally.

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Arctic Liquid Freezer ii - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 5TB of Crucial P5 Gen. 4 NVMe - NR200P Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes

I’ll see what I can find.

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

even if your MB doesn't give readouts. leave it on for 30 and see what it does. you said some of your parts are old. it could be that as well. also if you have another gpu you can try, do that.

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Arctic Liquid Freezer ii - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 5TB of Crucial P5 Gen. 4 NVMe - NR200P Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes

30 minutes I assume, and the parts aren’t like super super old, just with how fast new parts come out they’re getting out dated pretty quick

0 Likes

20-30 minutes should be enough to eliminate that as a problem

To be clear, just turn the pc on and let it sit for 30 minutes correct?

0 Likes

yes

0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

or until it boot up

0 Likes

Maybe OP could try 'System Restore' from this https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2294-boot-advanced-startup-options-windows-10-a.html

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
twjames66
Adept I

Isaac,

See the thread I started here

so my Rx 580 is no longer sending signal to monitor...here is a synapsis:

"So here's an update....monitor went black at random, wasn't even doing anything but PC stays running have to hard Boot and Monitor never comes back on, boot two more times and GPU is still not sending power/signal to Monitor.  Unplug both ends of dvi cable unplug the power connector on the GPU re-seat the RX 580 in the slot. reconnect the dvi cable, re-boot no Joy!

I shut it down pulled the RX 580 out and put in an Older R7 booted up and monitor came on. I played around a bit on the system verified that the correct card was showing in the device manager and then loaded up Cities Skylines game. (loads fine albeit a lot slower with the older GPU). Ran the game for 10-15 minutes no issues. System seems to be stable atm.

I think the updates are killing the cards

Do either of you have dual VBIOS? Aka: Do you have a switch on the side of your GPU? If you do, show down power from computer, flip the switch to change VBIOS on GPU and restart computer. 

After some driver update this year, I noticed GPU runs hotter than before and some reviewers said these drivers increased performance. Also if you have the opportunity to plug you GPU to someone elses machine to see if GPU is dead, would be interesting.

0 Likes

MADZyren,

I don't see one on mine. Anyone with a XFX RX 580 know if you can switch BIOS on it. The Sapphires seem pretty straight forward but I don't see a switch on mine

0 Likes

I wonder if it would be possible to flash the existing BIOS of that RX580 if you install it to a computer, next to a working GPU.

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/192614/xfx-rx580-8192-170412 

I have no experience about this, so not going to say anything (and is there a risk to damage the working GPU)

0 Likes
IsaacWipf
Adept I

I have recently purchased new parts for the pc so this probably won’t be a problem anymore, figured now was the time to stop putting off upgrading, thank you to everyone that helped, means a lot to know that people will take time out of their days to help some random dude on the internet.

0 Likes
zFalcxn
Journeyman III

I have a RX570 XFX and updated do the last enterprise software. Now my screen no longer gets a signal. Were you able to fix it? 

0 Likes