cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

qwixt
Forerunner

Re: Screen looks blurry/hazy after drivers installed

I see that there is a PC Settings menu on the TV. I wonder if that is just for the VGA input, or if you can try playing around with it for HDMI too?

Have you played around with the HDTV support tab in AMD additional options? It might be a matter of selecting the correct format for your tv under this tab.

znedd1
Adept I

I can't see a HDTV support tab in the additional options (see below).

pastedImage_0.png

Changing the pixel format doesn't help, and I can't change the properties under the additional settings.

I can't seem to access the PC settings on my monitor while using HDMI.

0 Likes
patatetbk
Journeyman III

Did you read what i said....? I know aobut the Radeon Additional Setting , i'm asking you how come you can open them in 16.2.2 since most of us get an error and the window won't even open. That was my question , but it doesn't matter i found an older driver and everything work perfectly. Never again am i trusting AMD with new drivers until my PC start messing up by itself.

0 Likes
patatetbk
Journeyman III

You guys aren't looking at this problem the right way , it's not his TV nor his PC or anything on his end , it's AMD's fault. Just revert back to an older driver before 16.1.0. Anything 15.x.x should help you , i fixed this problem by downloading and installing the 15.11.x drivers. Now everything is crystal clear and all the options are working.

0 Likes
znedd1
Adept I

I don't know whether that would work on my end, as support for my GPU wasn't implemented until 16.6.2.

0 Likes
znedd1
Adept I

I've found a temporary fix, but it is far from perfect. I bought a Displayport to VGA adapter from amazon, and used that. The image looks better now. Even so, there shouldn't be any reason why I can't use this with HDMI.

0 Likes
gulden
Journeyman III

I have the exact same problem on a PC I bought for my father, right out of the box.  It's a CyberPowerPC Gamer Xtreme VR Series, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HNBLHAA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. It was delivered on 12/29/16.  The problem follows all the latest drivers back to September and I couldn't find anything older.  The display is nearly illegible.  I had to increase the font size to see the selections for uninstalling it. 

The kicker is Windows update will reinstall the latest driver.  I ended up removing the card and used the onboard adapter so I wouldn't have to uninstall the driver repeatedly for my father.  I'm tempted to return it to Amazon, still.  Since he's mainly into Candy Crush, it's not like he needs this card, anyway.  I may try to sell it on Ebay, so it could be a win-win in the end.

Waiting to see what the next driver does.

0 Likes
mixmaster213
Journeyman III

Well the way I got around all the blurr was using a DVI to HDMI cable and blurt is now gone. I also do have audio coming out of my monitor. Hope this helps you guys.

0 Likes
Leimonade
Journeyman III

So you plugged in DVI to your Graphic card, but convert it to HDMI on your monitor am i correct?

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Try disabling hardware acceleration in your browser.

0 Likes