Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Screen Jumping and mouse unresponsive

I have a Radeon R 250  2mb card installed -   when I attempt to connect 2nd monitor ( first is VGA ) to the HDMI port ( this is a VGA display with a VGA to HDMI adapter)  both displays jump and my mouse (usb) will not respond (it jumps around the main screen, won't stop or respond to clicks).     Windows 10, just downloaded latest ReLive driver

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Re: Screen Jumping and mouse unresponsive

1.What video outputs has your GPU?

2.Try another HQ VGA-VGA cable

3.Try another HDMI to VGA HQ adapter

4.Try DP to VGA HQ adapter or DVI to VGA adapter if your GPU has DVI port

5.Try to reduce resolution or refresh rate for second monitor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

the Projector and the monitor are both VGA only.

I tried switching the main display to the HDMI adapter and got no signal -   took the adapter off and plugged straight in to VGA port on the card and now get no signal on the display (this connection worked fine before trying to use HDMI adapter).

Cannot find a VGA to DVI-D adapter ( this card is DVI-D ) - all adapters I can find are VGA to DVI-I.

No way to reduce resolution on 2nd monitor since mouse will not responde when both are plugged in!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

DVI-D has not analog signal. There are no DVI-D to VGA adapters. It is looks like you need another HDMI to VGA adapter(HQ).

1.Try to leave only second display and reduce resolution for this display. Then plug your first display.

2..Uninstall all AMD software and clean your system in safe mode by DDU program and install 16.11.5 ​  Don`t use 16.12 drivers

0 Kudos