Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nikidcl
Adept I
Adept I

Screen freezes when i play LoL or CS or other apps in fullscreen

Hello everyone, i have a problem and i wish you guys can help me.

The problem is the following as you can see i have a RX 460 Graphic card and it goes well.

The problem comes when i play a videogame on a fullscreen (LoL, CS:GO etc..) it crashes every 3 minutes. It is very annoying i dont know why this happens. I get the black screen for 30 seconds and my pc doesn't work anymore. Can you guys tell me whats wrong or one solution?.

Thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
atlasminor
Challenger
Challenger

Re: Screen freezes when i play LoL or CS or other apps in fullscreen

Code differences between full-screen mode and windowed mode are very small.

Your going to find a lot more help if you can provide Describe your system: community amd com/thread/196209

0 Kudos
nikidcl
Adept I
Adept I

Captura.PNG Now im using the r7 2xx because its impossible to do something with the r46x

Hardwood
Paragon
Paragon

What exactly is the make/model of your power supply?

Are  you monitoring the temps of the 460 and CPU?

Have you tested your ram lately?

0 Kudos
faqu
Challenger
Challenger

Do you have the latest Fall Creators Update ?

My brother who owns an RX 460 had crashing issues with League of Legends and after he updated the windows the issues gone.

0 Kudos
atlasminor
Challenger
Challenger

Did a bit of digging around and people using the 400-series had problems that a Refresh / In place install would not fix. Cleaning out drivers wont work. Re-seating the hardware did not work, becaus the Fall Creators Update reconfigured the entire AMD support and now instantly downlod about 2-3 AMD feature support updates alongside 1 or 2 camulitive updates...

I downloaded a fresh ISO just last week, they now include almost all the updates in the latest ISO obtained through microsofts media creation tool. I think its pretty lame that AMD end user have to reinstall the entire OS, but you can try the other work arounds using a experimental in place install, but its going to be much easier just to download the new ISO with the AMD support included and setup the system from there.

Got my copy Dec 7, if you have a newer ISO then that i dont know what else to mention. You can try running Command Admin TYPE: winsat Formal

This will run the now said defunc assesment, after that TYPE winsat Features or Winsat /? to check the spelling. Problems with the Desktop Manager in windows-10 have been there for as long as i remember, extream high cpu usage , crashes, total freeze ups, and cherry on top BSoD

0 Kudos