cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Marandulas
Adept I

Screen Freezes after installing Adrenalin 21.4.1

So i installed Adrenalin 21.4.1 (clean install with factory reset) and since then i get short screen freezes (fps drops to 0) when playing games. I first noticed when playing path of exile, but in apex its the same. The frequency seems to depend on the load on my gpu and ranges from eveyr 15sec to ones every 2-3 sec. The freezes have a duration of about half a second.  

I rolled back to 21.3.1 and everything is working fine now, with high fps and no freezes whatsoever (21.3.2 gives me driver shutdowns).

I would prefer using the newer driver version though.

My specs:

Win 10, 64bit,

MSI B550 A-Pro,

Ryzen 5 5600x,

16gb balistix ram, 3600mhz,

Radeon 6700xt,

corsair rm650x

I dont know the exact bios version, but the pc is about 2 weeks old, and i updated bios, right when i got it, so it should be up to date.

I am also running 2 monitors, one older H223HQ at full hd 60hz and an M27Q at 170Hz Wqhd.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

Is there a reason you posted exact same content 2 minutes later? I'm trying to track down whether its a forum or other issue.

0 Likes

It first didnt post, since i had to confirm an email and then doublepostet after i did, so the mistake is on my end. Didnt figure out to delete a post, but feel free to do so

0 Likes

@Marandulas Did you try to do a DDU instead of a clean install with factory reset ? Sometimes DDU works better

But you should know there are a lot of people on YouTube having issues with this driver here's the link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMXE3N8y2b8&lc=UgwADZz65O9SXY5p1i54AaABAg.9MPGyfje6-H9MQHiHcJpfs

And you can see issues through the AMD Forum as well.

0 Likes

So, i figured, these lags are caused by GPU-Z running. The issue only appears on the current version of the driver, older versions done have it. 

Any ideas what could cause this? Others dont seem to have this..

0 Likes

I have also experienced this.  I found from monitoring performance, GPU Copy goes up to 100% and stays there.  I can still open programs and do some things in the operating system, however the system doesn't appear to be responding as intended and I am forced to reboot.  I have downgraded my drivers to see if this fixes the issue.

I have also used DDU for clean driver installs twice, the same issue persists. 

0 Likes