cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Screen Flickering when exiting games

I have two Dell D2719HGF.  With extended desktop and FreeSync on, when I exit games there is screen tearing/flickering (see video here).  If I switch modes (duplicate, primary or secondary monitor) it goes away and then I can go back to extended desktop.  This happens at any fresh rate (144, 75, 60).  Below are my specs.

My PC specs:

• Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus pro
  • CPU: Intel Core i5
  • GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 480 8 GB
  • Drive: Crucial 1TB (SSD)
  • Monitor: Dell D2719HGF (2)
8 Replies
chaitanya
Adept II

Hi @ratheru_thanme,

Can you list the games in which you are seeing the most.

Thanks,
Chaitanya 

0 Likes

It's been any game that I've played (not much) Battlefield V, GTA V and Call of Duty Remastered.  

0 Likes

Okay, i just tried with GTA5  in extended mode with  19.9.2 drivers . Everything seems to be okay.
Can you please try 19.9.2 drivers after using DDU.

0 Likes

I used DDU and re-installed 19.9.2 but still get the same issue (see video).  Again, the issue only happens when I have freesync on.  

0 Likes
peteyallison
Adept I

Wow!  I came here looking to see if anyone else is having the same issues and came across this guy's post.  I have the exact same issue!  I have:

Windows 10 Home

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X

AMD Radeon Radeon RX-580

and Radeon Software version 19.9.2

Here's even the strangest thing to throw at you, the roommate has the exact same computer with the exact same hardware and he installed 19.9.2 on his computer and he does NOT have this problem!!!!!!!!  The only difference is, he has 2 DELL Monitors and I have 2 HP monitors.

0 Likes

Wow, I have Dell monitors and have the issue. To avoid the problem I have turned free sync off (alt+r to go the radeon panel ) and just use enhanced sync. Play is still smooth and there is no drop in fps. 

0 Likes
peteyallison
Adept I

Yep, that's what I just did ratheru, I disabled FreeSync and no more issues.  It almost makes me want to rollback to the previous version of drivers because I had no issues what so ever.

0 Likes
xxcloudxx
Adept I

I have two acer gf 246 on a rx580 and i get this flickering only when i have connected both Monitors with freesync activ on a single monitor it works fine with both monitors i have to deactivate freesync.

0 Likes