cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kode3
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Screen Flickering issue with R* and new drivers!

I took your advice and have installed the ASUS GPU Tweak utility and set the memory to 5000. This did reduce the amount of flickering but it still occurs from time to time. I also tried reverting to the 14.6 drivers and I saw no flickering but frame rates in the games I play suffered greatly.

Have you heard anything new about this issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
jhereck
Adept II
Adept II

The bug is finally recognised in the known issues of 16.1 hotfix :

• [82892] Display corruption may occur on multiple display systems when it has been running idle for some time

Hope they will find a solution to solve this in the 16.1 release !

kode3
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I updated to 16.1 and am still having the same problem.

0 Kudos
jhereck
Adept II
Adept II

16.1.1 and bug still up : GG AMD !!!!

0 Kudos
stealth210
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

jhereck, is this the same issue ( AMD R9 390 Streaks - YouTube  )? Just got the card for a new build to replace my GTX 560/i7 920 system, but so far multiple issues including this new one that just started.

0 Kudos
stealth210
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Is this the same problem? Here's a video of my setup: AMD R9 390 Streaks - YouTube

I just bought this card brand new from Amazon (MSI R9 390). Is it a hardware or software problem? If this were back in the day, I would say it's bad video RAM, but not sure. Only shows up after an hour or less of using, reboot fixes it. One display is HDMI and other DP.

0 Kudos
jhereck
Adept II
Adept II

It's the same problem yes.

It's a software problem, but this problem is almost one years old.

So go ahead if you can, and get a Nvivia card if you can't avoid Display Port : it really the best advice for now

0 Kudos
stealth210
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Since this current card only has one display port one HMDI and 2 DVI, would you recommend going with a card that has more DPs? Many it would solve the problem if all displays were on DP? For instance, if I got a different card with the R9 390 chip but more DP ports, would that solve the issue you think? If not, I'm fine with going with the NV 9xx series again, but it saddens me as I really wanted this to be a successful AMD story for me.

0 Kudos
jhereck
Adept II
Adept II

No the problem is the DP, and you should avoid it to be safe.

So if you can only connect HDMI and DVI you're fine.

Soon one year, and i'm really surprised this bug had already not made a BUZZ on the internet.

0 Kudos