Corsair Hydro H100i V2 water cooler w/AM4 mounting

4 x Corsair SP120 LED HP

16GB Corsair memory @ 3600MTT/CL18

No overclocking

Corsair RM850 80PLUS Gold

2 x AOC AGON AG271QX

ASUS ROG STRIX RX580 TOP

Issues:

1: when having a DirectX game on one screen, and switching to application on other screen, both screens start to get messed up terrible, like the Graphics driver does not know what happen.

2. with some video's playing at full screen (mostly YouTube) tearing appears on the second screen and unstable first screen

3. after i played a game, i have to put second screen off (with power button) to get the tearing away when i want to continue (happens wit World of Tanks, Black Ops 2, Modern Warfare

4. unable to use teamspeak or discord on second screen without causing tearing and instability.

I could borrow some graphics cards to test with.

Solution 1 - Replace card with RX 590 (fail)

Solution 2 - Replace Card with RX 560 (fail)

Solution 3 - Replace Card with Asus 5700 XT (fail) (I want to buy this card but now I reconsider Nvidia)

Solution 4 - Replace Card with Nvidia Asus RTX 2070 Super  - Succes, all issues solved.

So I took my old NVidia 660Ti and … It worked like a charm (not fast but works).

AMD Driver used: 20.3.1

0 Likes
1 Reply
wim-bart
Elite

I solved the issue:

1. Remove drivers with DDU

2. Then Install Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2019-Edition-19.12.1

3. Unpack adrenalin-2020-20.3.1-minimalsetup-200318

4.  And Update the drivers from Device manager.

Thats made me a stable system. Found out that the 2020 GUI is killing the system and making it unusable with dual screen. Somehow when the screen overlay gets in the way the whole desktop and graphics are getting messed up.

0 Likes