cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

IABYSSI
Journeyman III

Screen Flashing | Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics + Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased an Asus ROG Strix and I've noticed a worrying problem with the computer. This computer is only 12 days old and I've noticed that my screen will flash a white and green screen moments after I close a large game. I first noticed this with two days ago when I closed World of Tanks, but I was able to get the problem to repeat by closing StarCraft II so I could record the problem.

Though this flashing is distinctly different, this seems worryingly similar to what happened to an older ASUS laptop I purchased where, two months after my purchase, the screen flickered out and died. So is this just an ASUS problem?

I don't believe I'm putting this computer under much strain beyond what it was made to do, which is game. The only games I have played on this machine have been World of Tanks, StarCraft II and Minecraft. I do have an older external monitor plugged into this machine using a DVI to HDMI converter, but I can't see how that would effect the built in laptop screen.
I have yet to try any solutions, because I have found none and don't know where I would look. Below I have included my computer's specs as well as a video link and images of the problem.

My System Specs:
  • Windows 10
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics, 8 Cores
  • 16 GB RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU

Does anyone out there have any idea what might be happening?
Is this faulty hardware or is this a software problem?
What could be causing this to happen?

Screen Flash 1.jfif
Screen Flash 2.jfif
0 Replies