cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

andraxxus
Journeyman III

Screen corruption when I change memory clock on triple monitor setup with recent drivers (5700XT)

I have a triple monitor setup attached to a 5700XT via 2 DP and 1 HDMI ports. On recent drivers, any change to memory clock makes one of my display turn into blue solid color (or red, black depending on what is on the screen). Most of the time, this requires a reboot, though sometimes playing around with display settings and/or unplugging/plugging the display solves it too. If I (cold) restart my PC with new memory clock, all displays work as intended. If I change it again (including reset to default settings) screen is goes corrupt again.

Last working driver is 21.2.3 and every driver since then -including the 21.4.1 (WHQL) and latest 21.5.2- has this problem. This makes "Tuning" and "Game Profiles" unusable for me, as loading any custom profile (with memory OC) automatically corrupts my display.

I've generated a bug report but it was totally ignored; I am effectively stuck with 21.2.3 for months, hoping newer drivers don't bring any important feature and force me to update...

Needless to say, I've tried reverting to factory settings and AMDCleanupUtility with every single driver release since 21.2.3 and it didn't help. I've tried custom EDID values with CRU, and also tried using various adapters to connect my displays to different ports on the GPU. Weird thing is, it always corrupts the same display (an Asus VS238) as long as its not the only monitor connected; whether its connected to DP or HDMI port on GPU and VGA or DVI port on the display doesn't matter.

This may point the blame on the display, but display(s) is not the problem, my configuration works flawlessly with old driver 21.2.3, and also with MacOS 10.15 and Ubuntu 20.04 (its a triple boot setup).

While I intent this as a bug report, I appreciate any suggestions to fix my problem.

0 Likes
0 Replies