Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Hobby
Adept I

Screen and Audio Stuttering when Recording with Amd Radeon Software

Hi,

I've been having this annoying problem with my PC since around February. Rarely I have a short stutter in my PC that is both on screen and and in audio for like a split second. This occurs maybe around 1 every half an hour (when not recording) and I know this doesn't appear to be a huge Problem, but for me it really is annoying. Also when I record my Screen/Game (e.g. League of Legends) this stuttering occurs like every five seconds. That is how I found out that both Screen and audio stutters. For the screen it is like a short stop in video and then it immediately keeps going, I can also feel my mouse stuttering in that moment. For the sound, it is like the sound shortly is gone and immediately comed back, maybe somtimes the sounf can make a "popping" sound too. Also there are no other sound bugs like distortion, so everything i see and hear is whst I'm supposed to hear, it is just that sometimes it shortly stops/stutters for a split second.

Changing both ingame settings (graphics and resolution) and AMD Radeon Software Settings (audio/video bitrate, Hevc/avc, separate microfone audio etc.) doesn't change anything. The problem appears exactly the same with low or high settings which tells me that it is not my hardware thar is suffering from anything. I have read that my GPU (rx 5700 xt) can for some reason underclock itself and that can cause stuttering and I gotta check that out but I don't think that is the problem as I've had this GPU since like May 2020.

PC specs:

Amd ryzen 5 3600x 4.1 GHz (changing this doesn' affect the problem)

Amd radeon rx 5700xt reddevil (slightly underclocked and slightly overvolted, although changing this doesn't affect the problem)

16gb ram g skill Ripjaws 3200 mhz (chaning has no affect)

1tb wd black sn750 m.2 nvme ssd (recently replaced a crucial 1tb nvme ssd, thought the crucial was broken, but that didnt fix it. Windows was freshly installed and I'm pretty sure that I didn't download anything that could corrupt my PC/ cause this stuttering)

Asus tuf x470-plus gaming mainboard

600 watt be quiet 80+

Also I have a dark rock 4 cpu fan

Something that is important to know about this problem is that if i turn on Vsync in league of legends ingame and midgame (while playing and while recording) this stuttering immediately stops, i believe I have not even had one stutter with vsync on. Both screen and audio are perfectly fine, the only problem is the input delay that vsync comes with. I've started recording in fullscreen, had stutters, turned vsync on while recording, no more stutters, switched it back off, stuttering again and so on. Also if I turn the game to windowed mode (no matter if vsync is on or off), the game runs super smooth, exactly lile when vsync is on. I believe this is because windowed mode automatically turns on vsync and as said above, with vsync on there are no stutters. That is one thing i found out so far. Temperatures are never above 60°ac, most of the time even like 45°C (which is toooootally fine. It gete problematic at around 80 or even higher).

What I've also done so far:

(I believe all these changes have no effect on the problem)

Switched windows powerplans

Reset bios settings by taking out mainboard battery and waiting a moment

Setting everything to stock speed (gpu, cpu and ram)

Deactivated/activated stuff in bios or amd radeon software, e.g. 4g encoding or something like that

I completely ran memtest86 or so, no errors found so my Ram should be fine

Turned off and on windows fast startup and one other thing that I can't think of the name ("Ruhezustand" in german)

Reset amd radeon software settings

Download chipset drivers, gpu drivers (meaning amd raseon software), lan drivers, audio drivers, bios updated with flash drive

Installed emptystandbylist with youtube tutorial (had no effect, stutters still occur)

That is all I csn think of right now.

My next plan is to get ms friends' ram and gpu and install then into my pc to see if my stuff might be broken/causing the problems.

I also thought my motherboard or power supply might be broken, which still is possible btw but after finding out about vsync I believe it has to do with my gpu. I thought mainboard or power supply could be broken because I had 2 blue screens (BSoD) in the last month, but these don't occur anymore so I think they only happened due to recent windows install on new SSD. 

I know that these stutters didn't occur before fabruary when I first realized them because firstly I never felt them before and secondly all my recordings don't have stutters like that. Last night I tested around vsync and windowed mode in league of legends while recording and you can clearly spot stutters on screen and in audio in the recorded video. I will also put one of these videos into this post so you guys can see what I am talking about.

Again, the stutters you csn hear and see in the video rarely occur when not recording but then they only appear like once every hour maybe. So one sound and screen stutter every hour which upsets me because I want my PC to be clean of any problem. 

I only pkay valorant, League, forza horizon 4 and octopath traveler on PC and thise sre the only installed games. The stuttering definately occurs/occured in league, valorand and forza. Octopath traveler might not have stutgered yet. And i am saying "occurs/occured" because yesterday when playing valorant and league, I think I had 0 stutters the whole day, until I stsrted testing around with recording. So yesterday I only had the stutters when recording, no stuttering when not recording. I do remember though that a rare stutter might happen once every hour or so as said above, and these rare stutters are how I first encountered the stuttering issue.

That is all I can think of right now to make you understand and I really hope you guys can help me out. Sorry for bad writing, I'm writing this on my phone (as I just woke up).

If you guys have and ideas, please let me know, every form of help is greatly appreciated. If you need any more info about my PC specs or something else, let me know. I will try to andwer everything.

Thank you very mich for reading and have a nice day

0 Likes
3 Replies
leyvin
Miniboss

As strange as this is going to sound., but there has been an inconsistent but persistent issue regarding High DPI Mice and the AMD Drivers; and this gets worse when using ReLive (Recording / Streaming).

Now why the issue occurs and more specifically how to fix it., I'm not sure... I know that using Manufacturer Drivers (such-as Logitech on my G203) will help; but this has been an on-going problem since Windows 10 1809 and Radeon Adrenalin both launched., and I have no idea which is causing the issue.

But a resolution is to manually go to the Chipset Drivers and install the USB Filter Driver., this replaces the Windows 10 USB Filter Driver and seems to fix _most_ issues of this nature. 

0 Likes

Thank you for answering that quickly, I appreciate it!

As you are saying that there is a problem with high DPI Mice, do you think if I just swapped out my mouse for an old one or just any other one, the problem might be gone? Might it just be the specific mouse that I am using? (GLORIOUS MODEL O Mouse)

But now regarding your idea, what do you mean by "Manufacturer Drivers"? Are you referring to the mouse drivers I can download on the Internet? I am looking it up right now and I can download the mouse's software. I remember when I first got this mouse, maybe a year ago, I also did this, so I installed some kind of driver that came with the mouse. I haven't done that, since my last Windows Setup which was like 3 weeks ago.

What do you mean by "manually going to the Chipset Drivers and insalling the USB Filter Driver"? Are you referring to what I just wrote, which is downloading the mouse's software? Or is there some other programm called "USB Filter Driver"? Looking it up on Google right now and I can't find anything related to my problem. Also I can't find any USB Filter Driver on my mainboard's website. 

Thanks for your help so far, I would be happy to hear from you again!

0 Likes

When I download and reinstall the AMD Chipset Drivers, sadly, there is no option for USB Filter Drivers. Did I understand something wrong?

0 Likes