cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

loccothan
Adept III
Adept III

Sapphire TriXX & MSI AB not working with 17.7.2 WHQL atm + 300/500 Problem solved on Fiji

Driver is WORKING NP !!!

For OC you can have only Wattman atm.

All you need to do is:

Delete all OC software (TriXX in my case)
Reboot + Reset Wattman in 17.7.1 whql (or other)
Then Reboot and Install New and shiny 17.7.2 WHQL

====

On My Fury (with tMOD + HBM vMOD)

This is only TriXX 5.2.1 MOD that is working OK with all drivers up to new one !

TriXX 6.3/6.4 not working for me

IMO they messed up something and thats all

Like in 17.2.1 EDID lolZ <-

Waiting for 17.8.x

-> Here my working TriXX ( up to 17.7.1 WHQL)

(If you can't OC your GPU in any tool -> try this baby, Moded & HEX edited by me )

https://mega.nz/#!Ac82AB7T!zsxYESeVStmCSvjFCoVJO8epkAeBbsWkk3baV7yTonc

Here our RadeonMOD ->  RadeonMod (Tweak Utility) - Guru3D.com Forums

And Fiji HBM MODs -> Fiji Bios Editing ( Fury / Fury X / Nano / Radeon Pro Duo )

0 Kudos
23 Replies
loccothan
Adept III
Adept III

Re: Sapphire TriXX & MSI AB not working with 17.7.2 WHQL atm + 300/500 Problem solved on Fiji

Any news?

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Sapphire TriXX & MSI AB not working with 17.7.2 WHQL atm + 300/500 Problem solved on Fiji

We do not own third party software, please contact the developers of that software.

0 Kudos
loccothan
Adept III
Adept III

Here is Unwinder statement for MSI AB

Also Sapphire TriXX is down

-> MSI AB, WattTool and other applications using AMD's official Wattman overclocking API will require update to get working with 17.7.2 drivers again. Updates will be available once AMD refresh their SDK.
Temporarily, unofficial overclocking mode in MSI AB and Trixx (uses unofficial path by default) seem to be working.

So we need to be patience?

0 Kudos
colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello,

I am not sure if this post is relevant to my card / situation.

I was just trying to overclock the HBM memory on my R9 Nano (FuryX) cards.
I have 2 cards. One in Primary PCIe_x16 Slot and one in Secondary Slot PCIe_x16 Slot of Asus Z97 Deluxe Motherboard. 

Although I tend not to overclock the HBM memory, I have done so in the past by downloading Sapphire Trixx or using MSI Afterburner and applying appropriate settings.
In earlier versions of AMD Crimson I was able to see and use an HBM Clock Slider in Crimson GUI when I used these tools.

I am currently running with AMD Crimson ReLive 17.4.4 WHQL on Windows 8.1 64bit.
Global Crossfire is off.
I am runnng the cards as GPU Compute Units at the moment and I am benchmarking their performance.
I wanted to look at the effect of a small HBM Memory Overclock on the Compute Performance (500MHz -> 510 MHz).

If I try Sapphire Trixx or MSI Afterburner (Latest Versions) to set the HBM Clock only and hit apply and then I go to use AMD Crimson Wattman.
I can change all settings for the Primary Card in Wattman, and the HBM Clock for the Primary Card is set to 510MHz.
I can only change the Power Target, Temp Target and Fan Speed for the secondary card.
Wattman Displays the Secondary Card running with HBM2 CLK of 510 MHz.
The Frequency and voltage settings for the second card are greyed out.

When I run a benchmark it reports that the Primary Card is running at expected overclock, whereas the secondary card is running at Minimum Clock Speed on GPU and HBM2 memory. My benchmark scores, using both cards in parallel are needless to say, rubbish.

So, could I please ask does it sound like your mod is what I need to overclock my R9 Nano HBM?

Alternatively, does anyone know why HBM overclocking is not enabled in AMD Crimson ReLive Wattman for R9 Nano by now?
AMD must have enough data to know what is or what is not a reasonably safe level of overclocking on an R9 Nano by now.
AMD are allowing overclocking on HBM2 for Vega Cards so ... that would tend to indicate that they may have some idea about overclocking HBM.
As far as I understand it I am not supposed to use any other overclocking tool with AMD Crimson ReLive and I do not normally.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

I downloaded and tried your modded version of Trixx on AMD Crimson ReLive 17.4.4 on Windows 8.1 64bit.
Thanks for the link.
It behaves the same way as the very latest version of Trixx that can be downloaded from the Sapphire Website for me.
If I set up AMD Crimson ReLive Oveclock. Everything gets set up fine. I can adjust settings on both cards.

I can run Benchmark and get good results.

I then start Trixx and set it up to match everything in AMD Crimson ReLive except I apply a 510MHz (+10MHz) overclock on the HBM memory.
I minimize Trixx and you can see that the second card Voltage and Frequecy settings are greyed out. HBM Freq reported as 510MHz. Second GPU sits running at 300MHz.
The first card runs fine, but the second card is completely banjaxed and therefore my benchmark results are only slightly higher than if I were to run a single card.

All of this could of courcse be avoided if AMD could allow HBM overclocking in the R9 Nano in the first place in Crimson ReLive or tell me how to enable an HBM Slider if it is still hiding in the Crimson ReLive Software somewhere.

I also tried your Radeon Mod Utility thanks. It looks useful, but cannot be used to change HBM frequency as far as I see.

I am not comfortable with flashing the VBios on my cards.

I will try the same cards and the same Sapphire Trixx Utility on Windows 10 64bit next.
Thanks.

Modded version of Sapphire Trixx.

pastedImage_1.png

Secondary GPU Frequency and Voltage Curves greyed out. GPU sitting at 300MHz and HBM2 at 510MHz.

pastedImage_0.png

Primary GPU settings all still adjustable. 510MHz shown on HBM clock. GPU overclock missing - it was set to +5% before and also set to +5% in Trixx, but now gone.

pastedImage_2.png

Bye.

0 Kudos
colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

Previous versions of Trixx I tried were: TRIXX_installer_6.4.0
Previous version of MSI Afterburner I tried was downlaoded from here: Afterburner | MSI Global

0 Kudos
colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello,

I tried your modded version of Sapphire Trixx in an attempt to Overclock my R9 Nano HBM2 again, this time on Windows 10 64 bit with AMD Crimson ReLive 17.7.2.
Please advise if I am doing something wrong ... because it does not appear to work at all and seems to lock both GPU down to min 300/510MHz performance.

Some Screenshots again:

pastedImage_1.png

This time Both GPU Wattman look like this:

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

I ran the OpenCL Benchmark, and the performance is even lower than I saw with Windows 8.1 64 bit in this case as both GPU are locked down to min performance
in this case.

Thanks again for your help in any case.
Whilst it is clearly working for you, it is not working on my R9 Nanos.
It was worth a try. If you think I have done something wrong I would be grateful to know.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

Please file an AMD Reporting form asking for HBM Overclocking Support to be enabled in the R9 Nano Driver.
Please also feel free to comment on this post.
HBM overclock on R9 Nano in AMD Crimson ReLive 17.7.2 / 17.8.2 Drivers on Windows 10/8.1 64bit?

I wasted quite a bit of time trying to get HBM overclocking to work my cards, and running benchmarks yesterday and failed.
The ability to moderately overclock HBM should be in the driver unless there is some reason not to.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

Please file an AMD Reporting form and request HBM overclocking support in Wattman for Fury series cards including R9 Nano.
Cheers.

0 Kudos