cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Esmeralda
Adept I

Sapphire RX 580 8GB and Firestorm Viewer

This is my custom built computer *Note a few things have been upgraded like the PSU, CPU and Memory*

• Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

• Motherboard: Micro Star B450M Pro-M2 (MS-7B84)

• Power Supply: Thermaltake 80 Plus Smart 700W

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor

• Drive: Intel 660p NVMe PCIe M.2 512GB

• Memory: Corsair DDR4 3200 2x8GB

• Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

• Graphics Card: Radeon AMD SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 580 Series 8 G

This is what I use this connected to the RX 580 Video cord with a ultra high speed 18GBS HDMI 2.0 Cable 4K @ 60Hz - https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/samsung-43-crystal-display-4k-uhd-smart-tv-un43tu7000fxzc/6000201029398

Question below

When playing Firestorm Viewer with the Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.3.1 Recommended (WHQL) I see like a little grey tint to it

1. Is this just me or do I need the Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.3.2 Optional ??

2. Am I missing some setting I should be using ?

3. Any Suggestions ?

4. Any BIOS Settings I wouldn't know how to do on my own.

5. Thermal paste was replaced on CPU while upgrading it.

6. There is a fan curve set in Radeon Settings so doing DDU would loose that and my chipset drivers as I have done it before on my laptop.

Note: I did go without my computer for 2 weeks while it was being upgraded so it could be me but I seriously don't remember it having a grey tint to it.

Also I had the AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad-Core Processor for CPU before and G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 2400 2x8GB for Memory before so you can see I'm getting better speeds now, And Cooler Master Extreme2 550 for PSU.

0 Likes
1 Solution

RE: Yeah you wouldn't cause it's not supposed to have a grey tint to it 24 hours later and I still don't see it, Will keep you updated.
Turning on Windows 10 HDR causes a somewhat "Grey Tint" for me.

RE Fortune settings - You should test those yourself and find settings to suit your own preferences.

I used the Wraith Prism RGB because it was a spare cooler for a budget build.
I normally use AIO water coolers. 

It seems that your problem with Firestorm viewer is somehow solved for you.
If you do find out what it was that caused it please report that and then close this thread and mark as correct  whatever answer you found. 

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies

Go to Settings -> Display in the Adrenalin Driver and check the following settings: 

Color Depth

Pixel format

Custom Color

Color Temperature Control

... etc. 

If " Firestorm Viewer" is detected as a "Game" in the Gaming menu, click on it and check if the Custom Color settings are enabled there.  

0 Likes

@colesdav Here I did a Gyazo for you - https://gyazo.com/057da00d6967fe0fd9a682eb7e698ced

Btw I did try change to RBG 4:4:4 Full this morning as I was told that's what it needed to be on by my another forum but it made it look worse The YcbCr 4:4:4 is better to me.

This is what shows under Gaming - https://gyazo.com/f5d311097d70145e8ab1fe1725d07205

I have added Firestorm Viewer manually under it before and hasn't made a difference to anything I have noticed.

Gyazo looks handy.

Thanks.

0 Likes

@colesdav Your welcome

Question can this computer handle Fortnite? I'm seeing the CPU speeds get high while playing that I go back to the lobby after each Team Rumble to get them down even with settings on Low and 3D Resolution on 50% .... see here yourself  - https://gyazo.com/2fd36f25e17579a72f52547e9caab610

CanIRunIt.Com said I could.

0 Likes

Congratulations you have an R5 3600 CPU. You bought the best value AMD Gaming CPU around.
Yes it can run Fortnite fine. 
If you put a good cooler on that CPU then it is usually faster than the R5 3600X.

The cooler AMD supply with the R5 3600 , the Wraith Stealth, is not great.
I have spare Wraith Prism Cooler from R7 2700x that I use instead.
If you want the CPU Speed to drop when the PC is not doing much than use Windows power plan set to balanced. 

0 Likes

@colesdav As long as I keep those settings or at any settings?  I'm not sure if he used the CPU Cooler supplied or the old CPU Cooler that was on there before honestly,  best picture I could get of it - https://imgur.com/a/Eh3FzuD

Also would it matter about the CPU Cooler since there are 5 fans in this computer ? 2 at the front, 1 back, 1 upper and 1 side (not motherboard side) ..... I believe 3 are intake and 2 are to blow out

When playing on Epic setting my computer had frooze so I turned down the settings to what they are.

Edit: What can we do about getting Firestorm to not have a little grey tint to it ?

That looks like a wraith spire cooler to me.
If you upgrade that CPU cooler you will get better performance.
Just fitting Wraith Prism RGB  cooler  significantly improved Cinebench result by 9.77%.

See: https://community.amd.com/t5/rig-showcase-discussions/libertas/m-p/206826

RE: When playing on Epic setting my computer had frooze so I turned down the settings to what they are.

Could be your CPU or GPU causing the freeze, but better CPU cooling will help, especially at high FPS.

RE: Edit: What can we do about getting Firestorm to not have a little grey tint to it ?

Is this what you are using:
https://www.firestormviewer.org/
Please explain more. 

Please let me know exactly what it is and I might take a look.
I can fit a Gigabyte RX 590 REV 1.0 or REV 2.0 which is the same as an RX580 but ported to 12nm process.

Can you post a picture of your RX580 Nitro + including the bios switch and PSU connectors before I look at anything please?
Also post what GPU-Z says for the GPU please.
Lots of fake flashed RX480 made to look like 580's around. If your GPU is one of them I will be wasting time looking at anything.

I would try differnet HDMI cable first.
Next I would look at the manual for the TV/monitor you are using and see if changing settings will fix the tint.
That monitor has an upscaler in it that uses postprocessing and could affect colors. 

Thank you.

0 Likes

Yeah I wouldn't know how to do that myself I do not know only very little about computers.

And I just paid $400+ for this upgrade so yeah I'm probably going have to stick with the wraith for now and keep an eye on cpu and gpu until I can.

I'm heading for work right now so I will do that when I get home.

Question; Is this what you are using:
https://www.firestormviewer.org/
Please explain more. 

Answer: Yes the 64 bit one when I load it up, to me it had like a grey tint to the screen nothing else does other then this so it couldn't be the tv or such.

Weirdly enough I got it to go away by switching my settings to low ill confirm in a few days if its still like that or not.

0 Likes

I downloaded the  Firestorm Viewer 64bit for Second Life. 
I looked at it on Nvidia RTX2080 versus RX Vega 64 Liquid and tried various Display options. 
The only "Grey Tint" I see on that Browser is when I turn on Windows HDR. 

0 Likes

@colesdav Yeah you wouldn't cause it's not supposed to have a grey tint to it 24 hours later and I still don't see it, Will keep you updated.

So should I just keep my Fortnite settings on Low then with the 3D at 50% and view distance at medium?

Edit: I went to go watch this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWiHyGVD-D8 and what he says about AMD Wraith Prism being not quiet that he could hear it probably would not work for me living in a bachelor suite apartment.

Any other suggestions that are not loud coolers for the future?

0 Likes

RE: Yeah you wouldn't cause it's not supposed to have a grey tint to it 24 hours later and I still don't see it, Will keep you updated.
Turning on Windows 10 HDR causes a somewhat "Grey Tint" for me.

RE Fortune settings - You should test those yourself and find settings to suit your own preferences.

I used the Wraith Prism RGB because it was a spare cooler for a budget build.
I normally use AIO water coolers. 

It seems that your problem with Firestorm viewer is somehow solved for you.
If you do find out what it was that caused it please report that and then close this thread and mark as correct  whatever answer you found. 

Thanks.

0 Likes

@colesdav I have no clue what it was just switching to low settings in Firestorm viewer the grey tint went away even though this computer could handle above High Graphics I keep it on low when you go to places like Muddy's  or Big Daddy's for example and there are 30+ there it tends to lag you even more if your graphics are higher.

And when your a Linden Gold Hunter Fisher like myself you tend to go to places that have 40+ ppl when its 4X Experience going on I pay most of my utility bills with doing that, My best friend pays her rent & utility bills with it.

Edit: Any cheaper CPU Coolers that are better then the Wraith ? Not like $200.00 for one

0 Likes

Try Turning on HDMI Link Assurance as well and see if that does anything for you.

0 Likes