cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bezerra95
Adept I

Re: Sapphire RX 5600 XT - Card stopped working after driver installation

I will get used to live with this problem until AMD fix it. I noticed that after some time, usually 5 minutes, the PC boot! But I hvae to stay in the loop of Restart the Pc...

0 Likes
marcelma95
Adept II

Not for me, I cannot boot under any circumstances if there are AMD graphics drivers installed. So far I have attempted 100+ installations, that is no exaggeration. I have spent every single day for two weeks trying so many different configurations, and only one time was able to successfully install the AMD driver (without adrenaline), but then that crashed within 15 minutes and failed to boot about 10 times before I uninstalled it in safe mode. There is no "living with this problem," my $1000+ computer is currently functioning as a paperweight with email capabilities. 

0 Likes
igamer
Adept I

I had tried installing drivers with no internet. In fact I went as far as unplugging all none essential peripherals, drives etc. But results were the same as before with the screen going black during driver installation or screen freezing/going black during windows boot (circle dots). 

I have requested an RMA with the retailer I purchased from a couple of weeks ago. Will try update this post once I get a card back.

0 Likes
marcelma95
Adept II

Can confirm it is a hardware gpu issue. I just replaced my MSI 5600 XT card with a MSI RTX 2070 and my system has worked perfectly for a week. Im RMAing my card now. To anyone saying it is a PSU issue, i have a 650W system and upgrading to the 2070 (which takes much more power) lets my system run fine, even overclocked. 

lfx64
Adept III

Bro why did you register your username as your email address lol?

0 Likes
igamer
Adept I

I can now also confirm this is faulty hardware. I've received my replacement card today, same Sapphire 5600 XT with a later manufacturing code so looks like a straight up replacement than a repair.  Just plugged it in and installed with no issues. Played a few hours of various games on it and all is fine. Fingers crossed this one wont die on me. 

0 Likes
pepperc
Journeyman III

That's encouraging, I'm having the same issue and have just submitted an RMA request.  Not sure whether to get a replacement of the same card or a refund and just buy an Nvidia card.

0 Likes