Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Shokoohi
Journeyman III

Sapphire RX 5500 XT Black Screen, Windows 10 21H1 Boot Crash Problem

Hi,

I have an AMD RX 5500 XT 8GB graphics card that I got a black screen yesterday after updating to Adrenalin 21.5.2 .

Even going back to older versions, did not bother me, and the problem with the black screen remains.

I used Windows Safe Mode to remove the driver with the DDU program and install the older graphic driver version, but nothing worked.

Please help me.

0 Likes
10 Replies
Mprocop
Journeyman III

Same thing on my RX590. After 21h1 driver crash on every browser (edge, chrome, ff) when trying to play any multimedia

0 Likes

After updating the driver and crashing Windows 10 during boot, I can not even use Ubuntu Linux!

I suspect that the graphics card driver has damaged some of its hardware.

0 Likes

I detest Sapphire cards so much because my Sapphire rx 580 8gb died and they refused to replace it. Their company is a pos and they make cheapo cards. I am now on a Sapphire 5500 xt 4gb model and I am also getting black screen crashes back to back like 3 or 4 of them in a row. I shut my pc off earlier because it was happening quickly. Wouldn't shock me if the card is dying because I think Sapphire makes cheap cards and is not a reliable brand. I am hoping it's just some weird driver issue but who knows. Only reason I have a Sapphire card is because I traded with someone because I needed some cash. I do not recommend the Sapphire brand. 

0 Likes

hey,,, just replace the FUSE in that RX580 and ur golden lol...NITRO

i've repaired 50 or so rx580's/570s in the past few months to help with shortage and feed the growth in interest towards pc's and gaming...

never stop trying, my first taste in the rdna was the 5500xt xfx this RX6800 has me a type of way now...

as for your 5500XT probably needs some thermal paste its about time for it to go bad...

0 Likes
BNITRO
Adept III

check the bios crc i had some with bad bios...

0 Likes

HI BRO how i can detect the damage fuse? can i send you pcb photos please? i have 5500xt with same problem. Nothing works the problem is in gpu. No gpu bios, no windows, reflow works unlimited time but after shutdown/retry not working again. install drivers while reworks crash too..  here the link with my problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=074g0MCqXWg&t=67s

THANKS

0 Likes

Same issue here. Like GIAN97, my PC freezing on the logo and can complete the windows start. It all started three weeks ago, and the windows is on 21H1 as well. One trick that worked for me is: open the BIOS and give some time to the PC, some minutes and then leave the BIOS without save anything and the windows can be started normally. I have dual boot on my PC with GRUB that I can choice between linux and windows, same case, I just wait some minutes there and then I choose windows and it starts normally. Yes I know, it is really weird and has no sense but worked.

My cofiguration:

MB: Gigabyte X570 UI rev 1.0
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Gigabyte RX 5500 XT 4G OC
Memory: 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
Disk: NVMe M2 XPG Gammix S41 1T Gen3x4 SSD
PSU: Corsair CX750

How long do you wait in the bios to then exit and the gpu can work? It is not a solution but I would like to try this method please

0 Likes

You can try to spend 5 minutes in the BIOS screen.

0 Likes

The only way to resolve my problem was RMA. I contacted gigabyte and sent my GPU, it is a hardware issue, not a software issue. And unfortunately there was no GPU repair and they will send another brand (NVIDIA) to replace the old RX 5500.

I susggest you to do the same, as I said, it's a GPU hardware issue.

0 Likes