cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

d_ex
Adept I

Sapphire Rx 480 8GB not work with Driver 19.xxx

Hello, i'm just currios about it. it works on Crimson 16.6 beta, but when i update the driver to AMD Adrenaline 19.1.1 the driver cannot work. the problem is not exist amd setting when right click on desktop. if manually start the amd setting it was attention "the amd driver not installed ......". Anyone know about this.

My Speccisfication:

Core i5-6500

Patriot Viper C5k Dual Channel 8GB DDR4

Asus Z170M-PLUS (bios up to date 3805)

Win 10

8 Replies

Was this your card from the start, or bought second hand? If second hand, it could have a custom mining bios that is preventing regular driver use.

d_ex
Adept I

i bought second hand. But after change the dual bios to boost and install driver 17.7.2 whql it work, and going update to 19.1.1 its work to. Is'it the problem because of the bios?

Could you please take a screenshot of the HWInfo summary page? This way I can look for the original BIOS (if you want). If you flash this, your card should function normal again and driver updates shouldn't be a problem either.

https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

Untitled.png

Thanks for your help

0 Likes

I´ve found the bios for your card. This bios is for the NON-OC version.

VGA Bios Collection: Sapphire RX 480 8 GB | TechPowerUp 

This is for the OC version (mostly the same, but a bit more clock).

VGA Bios Collection: Sapphire RX 480 8 GB | TechPowerUp 

Use this tool to flash the bios to your card (you have to switch to the modded bios)

Download AMD/ATI ATIFlash | TechPowerUp 

Disclaimer:

I'm not responsible for any damage to your card if a flash is not successful and corrupts the bios of your card (you have another one). Please be aware that any kind of flashing things like bios / firmware onto a device inherits a small risk of a failure and thus resulting in a corruption of the bios / firmware. Under normal circumstances and with a stable system, the chance of this happening is really small and shouln't be an issue.

That should be the problem, your card might have been flashed with a modified bios on the 1st (non-boost) switch position. This is usually done for mining cards. Using the original boost bios on the 2nd switch postition or overwriting the offending bios with a default bios on 1st position should solve your issue. If you contact Sapphire with the serial of your card they should also be able to help you. For now, look at detrophy's advice.

Thanks for your help man

0 Likes
d_ex
Adept I

i got flahsed with both of bios but its work just the same bios with boost mode was i saved by sapphire trixx. so im just undervolt and watt and under everything within wattman. by the way thanks for your help. Sorry if my english bad. Thanks again .