cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

xTimmyx
Adept I

Sapphire Radeon 7900 XTX DirectX11/12 problems + Driver time out

So I narrowed my problems down to games having DirectX11/12.   I can't play them when my Resolution and graphics are set to 4k and ultra settings.  The game produces so many artifacts and half the screen is blacked out.  and as a result, the game crashes to desktop and states that there was a driver time out.  

However when i'm able to play games that support Vulkan, I am able to play at 4k 144hz with ultra settings and have absolutely no problems whatsoever!   

Is  there a way to re-install DirectX11/12? or fix it?  Or is this a driver problem on AMD's side of things?  

Please refer to my other thread i made on this 4k resolution scaling problem.   
Other Thread  

Any help is appreciated.   Now i know for sure that its not my hardware that's broken and i wont need to RMA my card haha.  

3 Replies
xIBENJIIx
Journeyman III

I am also having similar issues in a couple of titles.  Completely crashes to desktop and closes any applications that are running.  Says driver timeout.  Very frustrating as these are the main titles that I play.

MSI B650 Tomahawk

7900x

32 Gb G. Skill 5600

7900xtx

0 Likes
xIBENJIIx
Journeyman III

I am also having similar issues in a couple of titles.  Completely crashes to desktop and closes any applications that are running.  Says driver timeout.  Very frustrating as these are the main titles that I play.

MSI B650 Tomahawk

7900x

32 Gb G. Skill 5600

7900xtx

0 Likes
xTimmyx
Adept I

I'm bumping this issue in HOPES that a DEV or admin can verify that they have seen this.   

0 Likes