cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lctony411
Adept I

Sapphire pulse RX 6600 XT goes to black screen after installing the driver.

Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 XT goes to the black screen after installing the driver. AMD needs to solve this issue quickly by giving an update on drivers or anything else. Be quick at least. I am suffering for 40 days now. I promised myself after the RX480 debacle that I won't buy AMD Sapphire ever again but in this GPU shortage time the price was reasonable and I bought it and now suffering. I won't buy another AMD GPU ever again.

• CPU: Ryzen 5600X
  • RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200
  • Mobo: MSI B550M Pro VDH Wifi
  • PSU: Corsair 550W Bronze.
  • SSD: 1TB Samsung QVO and 240GB Corsair
  • HDD: 3TB Toshiba 7200RPM
1 Solution

So I just changed the PSU and it's working. For 2 days I am running it and it has shown no problem. I had Corsair CV550 now have Antec NeoEco 650W Bronze. So all you have to do is change the PSU. If you have 650W, still change it and give it a try. I think PSU change will solve the problem. This GPU requires more Power Consumption than told.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies

I have this problem since June. amd is garbage with drivers. they lost a customer forever.

Do you use a Displayport or HDMI cable?

With me the problem only happens with the Displayport cable more Driver Adrenalin and if I'm not playing.

If you install the driver from Windows Update the PC works perfectly.

0 Likes

I use HDMI cable and yes I am not too buying a AMD gpu. its gone, I am gone forever.

Which driver exactly??

0 Likes
Miirux
Adept I

hey, i have the same problem as you, but i found an alternative to be able to use the gpu with the drivers while waiting for amd to fix this crap, i don't know if it will work for you but it works for me:

if u have the exact same problem as me, you don't have any display when your pc boots to windows (if u didn't uninstall the drivers), so you wanna follow this process:

- turn on windows in safe mode.

- uninstall trixx boost, if you have it (very important).

- go to device manager -> display adapters, right click on the gpu, and click disable device.

- then turn off the pc, and turn on again normally.

this should give you display because you disabled the drivers, but you can't play or use 2 monitors, so you wanna go to device manager -> display adapters, right click on the gpu, and click enable device.

this should work for you since it worked for me, you should be able to play games and use 2 monitors.

but every time you turn off the pc, you have to go to device manager and disable the device, and every time you turn on the pc you go to device manager and you enable the device, until amd fixes the problem.

i hope this works for you, don't forget to tell me if it does or doesn't.

one more thing, don't ever install trixx boost or change bios settings, this can corrupt the corrupt the process.

0 Likes

I think I've similar or same situation. asus crosshair IV hero mobo + sapphire rx 590 is going black screen after I login to windows and mobo is showing code 8. the weird thing is sapphire r9 290 is working without any problems at same mobo.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are various problems with the Radeon drivers, but your power supply unit with 550 watts of bronze is probably too much for you. It would have to be 650, better 750 watt gold, it is also about power efficiency. A 600 W is suggested for me.
Threadripper 1900X, GiBy X399 AORUS PRO X399, GIGABYTE AORUS P750W, RX5700XT, 16 GB Aorus memory, GiBy AORUS LIQUID COOLER 240
The best thing is to only install the driver, not the Adrenalin surface and here in the forum there is a feasible procedure, also in my contributions.

0 Likes

a good psu is indeed required, but it isn't the problem, i  have a 650watt 80+ gold and i have the same problem as him.

0 Likes

I don't think so it's psu related problem. try to uninstall radeon driver and let pc work with microsoft basic display adapter. I did this and never get black screen. issue is coming back as soon as I install radeon drivers.

0 Likes

So I just changed the PSU and it's working. For 2 days I am running it and it has shown no problem. I had Corsair CV550 now have Antec NeoEco 650W Bronze. So all you have to do is change the PSU. If you have 650W, still change it and give it a try. I think PSU change will solve the problem. This GPU requires more Power Consumption than told.

0 Likes