cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

wezzmax
Journeyman III

Sapphire Pulse Rx 5700 Xt game crash

Hello, I recently bought and Amd card for the first time, but I'm receiving constant crash in games, making them impossible to play.  I really don't know what to do anymore, I've tried everything and nothing works.

Fixes I have tried:

Fixes I've tried:
Clean installation of Windows 10
DDU and newer drivers installed
I tried old drivers with adrenaline 2019
Updated BIOS and Vbios
Changed the power supply cables (now using 2 different ones)
Disabled hardwared acceleration, browser, discord.
New drivers installed without adrenaline

Reduced clocks manually

And other fixes found on google or youtube.

Games I tried:

Monster Hunter World Iceborne

Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringers

Middle-Earth: Shadow of War

Indivisible

Assassins Creed Origins

Resident Evil 3

Specs:

CPU: Intel i5 9600kf 3,7GHz

MB: ASRock Fatal1ty B360M Performance

GPU: Sapphire Pulse Rx 5700 Xt

RAM: 8GB (1x8) 2666MHz DDR4 

HD: HD Toshiba 1TB Sata III 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: Cougar GX 800W Plus Gold

I hope someone can help me, because these crashes are driving me crazy.

0 Likes
4 Replies
christiang
Adept III

Same problems ( 5700 pulse )

bazzed
Adept II

Same, made also an topic.

Sometimes it goes well for like 5 min, after that i see that the game starts bad rendering.

After that it crash and i cant do anything

jedilard
Journeyman III

I’ve been getting a same problem with this exact card.

i find it run better on the 19 series drivers (19.11.3). However it’s not consistent and when games update it can get worse. Fortnite was running just about perfectly but yesterday’s update seems to be causing a few more issues.

I’ve read that some people have had success from underclocking their cards slightly. That’s got me thinking as this card has a dual bios with the default being in Performance mode. I’m going to switch it to Silent mode and see if this improves it, can’t get to my pc till tonight though. Anyone tried this already?

0 Likes

I already tried to modify the bios with the switch in the card (performance mode to silent and vice versa), but particularly for me it didn't make any difference regarding crashes. I also tried underclocking and nothing worked. Like you, the only thing that caused an improvement was to use old drivers, in my case (19.12.1), with it I can play Final Fantasy XIV at least, although some crashes still happen, I can play for a few hours . New drivers usually crash in a matter of minutes.

0 Likes