cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

brucer
Forerunner
Forerunner

Sapphire Nitro Fury and Flickering in YouTube player window..

Heres a sample of what I go through every time I watch a youtube video..  I've uninstalled and reinstalled firefox, tried the 32bit and 64bit version, uninstalled flash player and reinstalled, doesnt matter it still does it.. Also does it in Microsoft Edge.  I've spent hours messing with this trying to resolve it, doesnt matter.. I have tried any various amd crimson driver, uninstalling the gpu and running anything else I own solves the issue.. It does not do it with the onboard intel graphics, my hd6850 or r9-290..  It has done this since I bought the gpu a few months ago..   It doesnt matter if anything is overclocked or not, still does it..  I've also disabled hardware acceleration in browser and it has no effect.

Intel I5-6600k@4.4ghz.

Gigabyte Ga-z170x-Gaming 5

16 gig gskill ddr4-3000

Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury @ stock speeds, 1020/500

Samsung 850evo 256gig m.2 drive for OS, Windows 10 Professional.

Mushkin eco3 480gig ssd drive for game storage.

Nzxt s340 case

Cryorig H5u cpu cooler

2 Noctua 140mm PWM intake fans

1 noctua 120mm pwm rear exhaust fan

1 Noctua 140mm pwm top exhaust fan.

Sapphire Fury Flickering in YouTube player window #1 - YouTube

Sapphire Nitro fury Flickering youtube player window 2 - YouTube

sapphire Nitro fury Flickering in YouTube player window #3 - YouTube

0 Kudos
13 Replies
brucer
Forerunner
Forerunner

Re: Sapphire Nitro Fury and Flickering in YouTube player window..

If you tell me to reinstall windows I'll slap you.  Clean install of win10 home did it, clean install of win10 pro also does it..

0 Kudos
qwixt
Forerunner
Forerunner

I got the very same thing with the latest Firefox version. It would only happen for me when I click ahead in a video. I also have a fury, Sapphire Tri-x. When I switched to Chrome, the issue went away for me.

0 Kudos
brucer
Forerunner
Forerunner

I'm thinking it has something to do with the monitor/gpu not syncing correctly in firefox, or the flash player...  I might be wrong in assuming youtube uses flash for its video player but seems like I read somewhere that it did.

0 Kudos
qwixt
Forerunner
Forerunner

I think videos look better in FF than Chrome. So kind of ticked that I have to switch for now. I don't know if it's an issue with FF or AMD. It only started happening when I updated to the latest 16.5.2 drivers. When it starts flickering for me, I can even see the browser in the flickering video, so something is really messed up.

Edit to add:

New driver to try!

0 Kudos
brucer
Forerunner
Forerunner

I've used Firefox since it launched. I dont care to use anything Google and or Chrome...I think Google tries to data mine you with anything it produces..

What I have done is ran www.ufotest.com in both browsers, chrome it verifies at 60fps and in Firefox I get stutter and it doesnt verify..

0 Kudos
brucer
Forerunner
Forerunner

yep downloaded and installed Chrome, it runs youtube videos fine..

I guess I'll have to suffer through with chrome for youtube until firefox or amd or whoever fixes the issue.. If they even know of the issue.

0 Kudos
qwixt
Forerunner
Forerunner

Try the new 16.5.3 driver. It may have fixed the issue for me. I tried to get it to fail on a few videos, and it did not happen. But it did not always happen before, so I can't say whether it is fixed or not.

kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

I have been using the new Vivaldi browser for a few months now and have to say it's the best browser I have ever used. It's kinda a Chrome/Opera hybrid. Take a look > https://vivaldi.com/

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

You might also want to try this Firefox add-on 

HTML Player for YouTube™ :: MyBrowserAddon

0 Kudos