Drivers & Software

claw106
Journeyman III

Sapphire 2GB RX460 Crashing

Greetings, to all.

First off, here are my specs:

PSU: Thermaltake LITEPOWER 450W

RAM: 5GB DDR2

Graphics Card: 2GB Sapphire RX460 (WITH A FACTORY OC)

Motherboard: Dell 0FM586

CPU: Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield @ 2.40 GHz

Am I missing anything?

Ever since I got this card, I have had constant issues. I've come to the end of it now and I'm quite displeased. Every time I play a game, doesn't matter what, the GPU will crash with a pop up message down the bottom saying Default Wattman Settings were applied. Event log says "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

Originally I installed the drivers from the AMD website. Those didn't fix my issue. I then proceeded to the Sapphire website to download the drivers, same result. I then used the driver disk, same result. This is where we are today, I believe. I am unsure on how to get full driver details for you.

The box the card came in does say that it came Factory OC. I downloaded Wattman and it came with an .ini configuration for what I thought was the default RX460 settings. All this does visibly is speed up the fans.

The only things I have installed are GPUTweak, which came with the GPU. The only thing I have changed in there is the fan speeds for a custom setting, when the GPU is quite hot. Sometimes switching between modes (Overclock, Gaming, Silent, Cooling (cooling being the custom one) it causes a full scale computer crash, but that seems to not have happened for some time.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope I have provided enough information for your assistance. Please help me.

Edit: CPU added

0 Likes
13 Replies