cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Saphire nitro+ 5700 XT Downclocking

Can someone explain to me why is my card downclocking? Is it a driver issue??

I mostly play apex legends and sometimes pubg and the games are not smooth as they suppose to be with freesync im getting stutters and my core clock is not stable and goes down way too much sometimes that where i stutter.

i7 6700K @ 4.5gh 

saphire nitro+ 5700xt stock

corsair vengeance 16gb ddr4 @ 3200

650 watt psu

alienware 240hz freesync monitor 1080p

0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing thread on this issue which you can use to provide your feedback and track future status updates. 

https://community.amd.com/message/2957898 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
16 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

The reason for such problems is generally that the processor is not strong according to FPS level produced by the graphics card. Also, the games you play have high CPU requirement for high FPS.

0 Likes

So you are saying that theres no problem with the drivers and my card is downclocking cause its bottlenecking..

Ive checked my cpu usage on each core while ingame and i dont appear to cpu bottleneck so whats the issue here

0 Likes

If your CPU usage is OK, you probably have a good gaming experience. AMD RDNA GPUs have 1.9-2Ghz core speed or more but this speed decreases according to power consumption of games and this decrease is normal. So I think core clock values like 1600 1700 Mhz are normal. How many Mhz GPU core clock speeds are there in the games you think you are having problems with?

0 Likes

u dont understand its not constant solid clock speed it drops to 400 its driver issue hello? are u guys reading?

0 Likes

AMD GPUs have stuttering problems with 240 hertz monitors. AMD has not solved this problem yet, I guess. You can check for this existence of problem that will connect your PC case to a TV and test the system. If the GPU works well on a TV, there is probably a problem with the GPU driver. There may also be similar issues when VSR or FreeSync are enabled. If the GPU does not have stuttering problems on a TV, I guess your system will run smoothly with a few settings with CRU software... etc...

could you help me with that? once i did something and it was buttery smooth even on pubg it was the first time that i played pubg and didng have this "lag" that I always get right before i hit the ground and couple first seconds when im looting

0 Likes

Connect the system to a TV. We don't know what the problem is?

0 Likes

I just did that and there are no issues on my tv + on my other monitor 60hz

its completly good

0 Likes

You can solve this problem by editing the firmware of the monitor with CRU software. Run CRU software and delete all resolutions with refresh above 120 hertz. Then run the CRU restart software. This way, you will prevent your monitor from over 120 hertz. And you probably won't have any problems. In short, you will prevent the use of 240 hertz. I don't think you will be satisfied with this situation, but I think the problem will be solved in this way.

0 Likes

Can you add me on discord AngelliciouS#4578

0 Likes

so i should set my 240hz monitor to 120hz so i can play without stutter lol no 

0 Likes

Yes. Sorry, but I don't think of any other solution.

0 Likes

mstfbsrn980‌ lol look at this makes no sense wtf.png

0 Likes

I don't see a problem. Pixel clock speeds are equal. I think this's the important thing. You can solve the problem by experimenting on the CRU software, I guess. 

0 Likes

what am i suppose to do front porch is different from CRU on driver of amd radeon and when i go to create custom resolution via radeon it doesnt allow me to create one that i can fix it also maximum hz custom resolution i can go in radeon is 200hz anything above isnt letting me apply it

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing thread on this issue which you can use to provide your feedback and track future status updates. 

https://community.amd.com/message/2957898 

0 Likes