Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ventman
Adept I

Re: Ryzen Raid Driver for Ubuntu 16.04.3 kernel 4.13

Jump to solution

Just wanted to follow up, the patches provided by mawerick are still working great.  Unfortunately, AMD has seen fit to sweep the entire Linux support 'problem' under the rug, and have pulled the driver from the newly redesigned driver download pages.  All is not lost however, searching for the file 'raid_linux_driver_8_01_00_039_public.zip' Google's second hit comes up with a second location to download the drivers. I can't fault AMD for discontinuing software that was never theirs to begin with, but it does send mixed messages when the CPU and GPU teams have been great at getting in Linux support.

0 Likes
mawerick
Adept I

Jump to solution

Due to the refurbishment of the AMD drivers and support website, the drivers vanished for about two weeks, but are back again now. You can find the official AMD drivers here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x370​. The patches you will need for kernels >= 4.15 are on the inofficial rcraid-patches github repository​.

0 Likes
ventman
Adept I

Jump to solution

Good to see it's back up. I looked twice in that time frame, and had pretty much accepted that they threw in the towel on it, seeing as the newer chipset revisions (400 series) don't even have a RAID driver listed for linux. Has anyone even tested if the 300 series RAID driver works on the newer chipsets?

0 Likes