cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sovtek
Journeyman III

Ryzen Master won't install (different error)

Ok, everything was fine today. Did a BIOS update, played some games, used Ryzen Master to check temps, everything is perfectly in order.

Ryzen Master is installed and working as intended. Two hours later, after making NO changes, suddenlly, Ryzen Master will not launch. The grey transparent box comes up, get a white title bar with (Not Responding), then it just crashes/closes.

Restart PC, try to launch it again, same exact thing happens.

So I uninstall it to try and reinstall. Uninstall goes fine.

Now it will not install. Running the AMD-Ryzen-Master.exe brings up the installer, scroll through the agreement, click install. It says "installing" for about six seconds. It then states that the install was SUCCESSFUL and I have the option to Launch or Exit.

I click launch. Nothing happens. 

Ryzen Master is NOT in my start menu, nor does it show in a "Cortana search". I manually check the install folder that was supposed to be created from the installer. 

I re-run the installer, this time setting the install path the C:\AMD\RyzenMaster. The installer runs, states install was successful, but there is literally nothing in the C:\AMD\RyzenMaster, and of course clicking Launch does nothing. The only thing Ryzen related on my PC is a C:\AMD\RyzenMasterExtract folder with an RMExtraction.tx (quoted below) an MSIfiles folder, and a "AMD Ryzen Master".exe with a generic installer icon. 

Click on 'AMD Ryzen Master.exe', it brings up an InstallShield window with the error message "The wizard was interrupted before AMD Ryzen Master could be completely installed."

I am at a total loss here. 

=== Logging stopped: 11/21/2019 16:56:50 ===
MSI (c) (E4:98) [16:56:50:395]: Note: 1: 1708
MSI (c) (E4:98) [16:56:50:395]: Product: AMD Ryzen Master -- Installation operation failed.

MSI (c) (E4:98) [16:56:50:395]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: AMD Ryzen Master. Product Version: 2.0.2.1271. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.. Installation success or error status: 1603.

MSI (c) (E4:98) [16:56:50:397]: Grabbed execution mutex.
MSI (c) (E4:98) [16:56:50:397]: Cleaning up uninstalled install packages, if any exist
MSI (c) (E4:98) [16:56:50:398]: MainEngineThread is returning 1603
=== Verbose logging stopped: 11/21/2019 16:56:50 ===

0 Likes
4 Replies
sovtek
Journeyman III

Anyone at least know where I should look in the registry for errors?

0 Likes
sovtek
Journeyman III

Bueller?

0 Likes
sovtek
Journeyman III

Still broken with latest release of RM. 

0 Likes
ahumancookiee
Journeyman III

I am also having this problem on a new Ryzen build moved from Intel figured it might be something to do with moving from one to the other but if you are having problems like this too obviously not, very interested and would like a fix as i have no AMD chipset drivers installed and cant access RM all for the same reason

0 Likes