cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bounty_v
Newcomer

Ryzen Master Update Newer Version Already Installed

I just upgraded from a Ryzen 5 1600 to a Ryzen 7 3700x. When I boot up Ryzen Master it says CPU not supported. When I try to install latest version of Ryzen Master from here, it says a newer version is already installed and to uninstall that version if I want to install this one. Naturally I go uninstall Ryzen Master. The problem is, even after uninstalling, restarting wiping any remaining files off my PC, it still says a newer version is already installed. I can reinstall the original version no problem, it's just the newest version for 3000 series AMD Ryzen™ Master Utility for Overclocking Control | AMD  that refuses to install. 

Any solutions to this problem? I'm asking because I've not found any via google. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
zeeh1975
Adept I

Same problem here, did you found any solution?

0 Likes

It sounds like there is a Registry entry that is not being deleted showing the previous version still installed. When the new Ryzen Master starts its installation, it checks to see if there any previous installed versions by checking Windows Registry. 

Try running a Registry cleaner after uninstalling Ryzen Master. Then run this Microsoft Install/Uninstall Troubleshooter to see if it helps clean up the problem you are having.

I attached the Troubleshooter to this post. Just click on it to download.

EDIT: If all of the above still fails to install Ryzen Master then I would suggest you open an Online AMD SERVICE REQUEST and let them know and see what they suggest from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

zeeh1975
Adept I

In my case never had Ryzen Master installed before, is clean windows installation, only AMD related installation is "AMD chipset driver" I tried remove those but it made no difference

I've had this issue since second update to Ryzen Master.  As software dev and user i am APPALLED by lack of urgency on simple action like updates or installs!

zeeh1975
Adept I

You can use method described by epsilons in this thread, it worked fine for me with version 2.0.2.1271

https://community.amd.com/message/2891271?commentID=2891271#comment-2891214 

0 Likes