cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bumbieris112
Journeyman III

Ryzen Master software for GNU/Linux?

Will AMD team port Ryzen Master software to GNU/Linux, so users can easily overclock and monitor performance? It should be not hard to port it cross-distro with .appimage.

Currently this software is only available for Windows, but it is becomed too far invasive with forced updates and telemetry to use it.

15 Replies
psanitra
Journeyman III

+1, AMD please make it happen.

Found this Forum that gives good instructions on how to Overclock the Ryzen CPUs without using Ryzen Master: https://forum.level1techs.com/t/overclock-your-ryzen-cpu-from-linux/126025

Copied from above link:

So you’ve probably heard of Ryzen Master?

Except you happen to use Linux. What’s there to do?
Well with this little python application and the help of MSR’s (Model Specific Registers) on Ryzen CPU’s you can manually overclock your Ryzen processor. While it’s running!

sa3paleasm
Adept I

a week or more tired to get nothing

ryzen 5 3500u linuxmint

mastercatz
Journeyman III

Please some Linux Love

no easy way to adjust thermals with out rebooting into bios and changing settings , and no way to disable god awfull RGB ...

and why the heck can we not drop multipliers ??? 3900x can not go lower than 2.2ghz ?

tanghe
Journeyman III

Wel ofc anny linux user whould double oneup this question.
But you must realise most of us are profetionals and if you run amd processors for vfx works getting extra performance is an excellent feature to support and if we break ouer cpu's you can sell us more. what's there to lose?
12 work houers ? that's not even that much money.

lupanama
Adept I

How about radeon adrenalin? We need it to turn on crossfire easier in linux

babashakur
Adept I

I want Ryzen-Master on Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, PopOS).

I use Voidlinux. And i just want a humanity driver with GUI from AMD as their respect to their buyer especially if i can adjust my color display with it. RGB is not important for me. But, if you have better looks when using radeon software on linux(for example) i feel it's a user rights

muresblue
Journeyman III

AMD, It would be a good idea to have the tools also on Linux for several reasons.

1) It would be a premiere, you will benefit as a brand

2) Majority of games on Steam are already available on Linux, so there is a market

3) Linux users are power users, the community will benefit from their skill to solve questions, problems

Best regards,

Alfred

Not all Linux users are experts. There are people who have just installed manjaro, void linux, linux mint, or sparky linux just because they don't have enough money to buy a windows license, they may not be experts in the computer field. But if they choose between buying a new component or buying an OS license they (myself included) prefer to buy a new component.

Thanks for your support of this.

and i don't want to use bloated OS like Ubuntu or Windows just for use radeon software. I want better gui driver but not at Ubuntu & Windows

0 Likes
terminalmancer
Journeyman III

As you start looking beyond the personal computer market, having tools on Linux would probably earn you some credibility with the folks building servers and filling out racks.

fraoch
Journeyman III

There's also Ryzen Controller but it's more oriented towards mobile. It would be really nice to see something official from AMD.

Perhaps there aren't many Linux users but we are vocal - we have to be!

danobac749
Journeyman III

I hate windows too. AMD needs to port it to linux, and give us a good software to use! (not like NVDIDIA...)