Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING X570 PLUS WIFI

BIOS Version: 4021

RAM: 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 3200MHZ CL16

PSU: CORSAIR TX750M 750W

Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 11 PRO 22000.194.0

GPU Drivers: Adrenalin Driver Version: 21.9.2

Chipset Driver Version : 3.09.01.140

ISSUE:

Ryzen Master doesn't work when Radeon 21.9.2 has access to CPU metrics. Likewise, Radeon 21.9.2 can't see any CPU details besides "CPU Utilization" (as well as the CPU Tuning option) if Ryzen Master is working according to the fix outlined below.

DETAILS:

I have been having trouble getting Ryzen Master to run after install. Upon start, after installation, it would spit out the previously known error window of "Ryzen Master Driver Not Installed Properly!". I tried the previous known fix of deleting the "AMDRyzenMasterDriver" folder located in the registry at Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\, but the folder would reappear after each restart.

Now, I have also been using the recently released Radeon software 21.9.2 to view the advanced CPU metrics, as well as play around with the CPU tuning feature. It occurred to me that Radeon software might be the one reinstalling the registry folder after reboot (maybe?). Regardless, I inspected the registry value "ImagePath" found at Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\AMDRyzenMasterDriver and found the following path:

\??\C:\Program Files\AMD\Performance Profile Client\AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys

This looked suspect to me, so I removed the \??\ from the beginning of the path to read this:

C:\Program Files\AMD\Performance Profile Client\AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys

After making this change, I restarted my computer. Now, Ryzen Master opens up no problem, but when returning to Radeon software, all of my advanced CPU metrics are missing, and the CPU tuning option under the "Performance -> Tuning" tab is completely missing.

0 Likes
0 Replies