Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

helprequiredthanks
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Ryzen Master notorious issue

Just got a new Ryzen 5 3600, first AMD build. Tried installing a copy of Ryzen Master and getting what seems to be a notorious issue which is "A newer version is already installed". I've spent the last 3 hours reading every forum and every thread available and nothing has fixed it.

What's the deal?

Tags (1)
12 Replies
tastyratz
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Ryzen Master notorious issue

This is a common eternal issue with AMD they have yet to resolve for years.

There is a version check in the installer. A very simple allow bypass switch would fix it as a troubleshooting step for people who get the error. 

Old versions and hacked MSI files exist out there if you want to try. I don't know if they are prior to 3000 series ryzen support, however.

0 Kudos
hardcoregames_
Big Boss
Big Boss

i assume you already have the latest version installed

probably one of the many festering bugs AMD still has not fixed yet

on2wheels
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I joined just to come here and see if there was an official forum for RM since I think I'v found a bug too.  Do we just start a new thread anytime we find something?

0 Kudos
hardcoregames_
Big Boss
Big Boss

on2wheels wrote:

I joined just to come here and see if there was an official forum for RM since I think I'v found a bug too.  Do we just start a new thread anytime we find something?

make a new thread for your issue so each can be handled discreetly

0 Kudos
twa14
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have the same problem, but under my post is "No one else has this question" even though the site is full of questions on this idiot program!

0 Kudos
mclingo
Challenger
Challenger

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AMD\RyzenMaster - does this key exist, if so try deleting and trying again.

twa14
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

This key does not exist in my system, the only AMD software installed was for the video card. There are instances of "Ryzenmaster"  in the registry, I don't know what installed them, perhaps "EasyTune"? which I have uninstalled but which hasn't helped.

0 Kudos
mclingo
Challenger
Challenger

try this.

run a search again for all ryzen keys and remove anything that relates to Ryzen master

ensure c:\program files\amd\ryzenmaster doesnt exist

delete the contents of your windows\temp folder.

reboot.

Cant think of anything else to be honest, when I had this issue thats what I did and it worked for me, but it could have been a fluke.

0 Kudos
twa14
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I think that you were lucky, many people (Google search) have this problem and have removed all traces of "Ryzenmaster" from the registry without success. I don't want to cause even more problems by deleting keys from the registry so I will keep looking for a better solution.

0 Kudos