cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

helprequiredthanks
Journeyman III

Ryzen Master notorious issue

Just got a new Ryzen 5 3600, first AMD build. Tried installing a copy of Ryzen Master and getting what seems to be a notorious issue which is "A newer version is already installed". I've spent the last 3 hours reading every forum and every thread available and nothing has fixed it.

What's the deal?

12 Replies
tastyratz
Adept II

This is a common eternal issue with AMD they have yet to resolve for years.

There is a version check in the installer. A very simple allow bypass switch would fix it as a troubleshooting step for people who get the error. 

Old versions and hacked MSI files exist out there if you want to try. I don't know if they are prior to 3000 series ryzen support, however.

0 Likes

i assume you already have the latest version installed

probably one of the many festering bugs AMD still has not fixed yet

I joined just to come here and see if there was an official forum for RM since I think I'v found a bug too.  Do we just start a new thread anytime we find something?

0 Likes

on2wheels wrote:

I joined just to come here and see if there was an official forum for RM since I think I'v found a bug too.  Do we just start a new thread anytime we find something?

make a new thread for your issue so each can be handled discreetly

0 Likes
twa14
Journeyman III

I have the same problem, but under my post is "No one else has this question" even though the site is full of questions on this idiot program!

0 Likes
mclingo
Challenger

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AMD\RyzenMaster - does this key exist, if so try deleting and trying again.

This key does not exist in my system, the only AMD software installed was for the video card. There are instances of "Ryzenmaster"  in the registry, I don't know what installed them, perhaps "EasyTune"? which I have uninstalled but which hasn't helped.

0 Likes
mclingo
Challenger

try this.

run a search again for all ryzen keys and remove anything that relates to Ryzen master

ensure c:\program files\amd\ryzenmaster doesnt exist

delete the contents of your windows\temp folder.

reboot.

Cant think of anything else to be honest, when I had this issue thats what I did and it worked for me, but it could have been a fluke.

0 Likes

I think that you were lucky, many people (Google search) have this problem and have removed all traces of "Ryzenmaster" from the registry without success. I don't want to cause even more problems by deleting keys from the registry so I will keep looking for a better solution.

0 Likes

I reset windows earlier this week and 20.2.1 does not show the problem with the Ryzen Master I observed earlier

0 Likes
absolutxtr
Newcomer

You literally have to uninstall (or change the DisplayVersion subkey value in the registry for) everything that has a version number higher than 2.1. Yes, everything.

I promise you it'll work, even though it's super painful.

Other option is clean windows install and installa nothing before ryzen master.

0 Likes
jimmy90
Adept I

I've just started another thread with this same issue. AMD --> Please respond with a fix as your obvious lack of customer service is affecting your reputation. I'd suggest a clean-up utility - or detailed steps to take - as suggested above. Thank you.

You have a number of clearly ignored posts in your forum/s on this issue. This is not good.

0 Likes