cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

proudlytm
Newcomer

Ryzen Master not installing no matter what I try (Error 1720)

When I try to install Ryzen Master, the installer says that it has "installed" Ryzen Master, but after I click the "Launch and Exit" button nothing happens. Also, the program is literally nowhere to be found, contrary to the installer saying it has successfully installed it.

I found a log of the installation process, in which I found the following:

MSI (s) (6C:98) [20:22:48:361]: Product: AMD Ryzen Master -- Error 1720.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action Install_LC script error -2146828283, Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Invalid procedure call or argument Line 23, Column 2, Error 1720.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action Install_LC script error -2146828283, Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Invalid procedure call or argument Line 23, Column 2, 

Things I have tried to make it install, but didn't help:

- Checking for Windows updates;

- Downloading older versions of Ryzen Master and re-downloading the latest version of Ryzen Master multiple times to make sure the downloads aren't getting corrupted for some reason, but all the installers give the same result;

- Running "chkdsk C: /f /r" from cmd;

- Running "msiexec /unregister" and then "msiexec /regserver" from cmd;

- Running this utility provided by Microsoft, but it didn't help at all, since Ryzen Master is nowhere to be found there either;

- "Refreshing" my Windows 10 installation, which is by the way only a few days old, since that's when I finished building my Ryzen PC.

I will be glad if somebody can help me fix this, since I literally have no idea why that's happening and how to fix this. I have tried everything I can think of.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Reply
h4rrys4n
Journeyman III

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-instal...  fixed this problem and I could re-install AMD Ryzen Master 2.0.1.1233

0 Likes