Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

siptime
Adept I

Ryzen Master not installing anything to PC/starting up

Hello,

I've recently upgraded my CPU from a Ryzen 5 2600 to a Ryzen 5 5600x. When I had the 2600, I installed Ryzen Master with no issues and it was working fine. However, when I installed the 5600x, I went to launch Ryzen Master I was met with the error message 'Ryzen Master is not compatible with your processor'. Assuming that Ryzen Master simply needed updating, I uninstalled it and redownloaded the most recent version (2.8.0.1937). I open the installer and try to install it and it tells me the installation was successful however when I click 'launch' on the installer, nothing happens. I checked the directory folder and it appears that it installed nothing to the directory. I reinstalled it and tried with a different directory on my boot drive and still nothing.

I've done some intensive googling and have tried everything recommended. Such as deleting old version reg folders, reinstalling CPU drivers etc and nothing has changed. I've even ran AMD Cleanup Utility and deleted all drivers and reinstalled them to no avail.

If anyone else is having this issue or if there is a fix that I am missing please can you let me know.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

According to Ryzen Master Release notes it does mention support for the 5000 Series processors.

Sometimes this works with AMD CHIPSET to get it to install correctly.

download Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool and use that to uninstall and install Ryzen Master. See if that helps any. Also delete any created installation folder at C:\AMD or something similar.

also make sure you don't have Hyper-V enabled or VBS enabled. In the past that wasn't compatible with Ryzen Master.

View solution in original post

17 Replies

According to Ryzen Master Release notes it does mention support for the 5000 Series processors.

Sometimes this works with AMD CHIPSET to get it to install correctly.

download Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool and use that to uninstall and install Ryzen Master. See if that helps any. Also delete any created installation folder at C:\AMD or something similar.

also make sure you don't have Hyper-V enabled or VBS enabled. In the past that wasn't compatible with Ryzen Master.

Oh really? On the release notes it says 'Adds support for Desktops utilizing AMD Ryzen 5000 processors.' So i assumed that it supported the 5600x, maybe i'm misunderstanding it?

Just checked and both Hyper-V and VBS are both disabled so i'm gonna give the Microsoft tool a go now and pray that it works!

0 Likes

"Oh really? On the release notes it says 'Adds support for Desktops utilizing AMD Ryzen 5000 processors.'"

That was what I said in my previous reply " According to Ryzen Master Release notes it does mention support for the 5000 Series processors. "

0 Likes

Oh my bad i read your message wrong, i thought you said that it does NOT support 5000 series my apologies.

In other news, god bless you it actually worked! I spent so long trying to fix this last night and all I had to do was install the Microsoft Install/Uninstall tool. You're actually a life saver no more stress, life is good. Love you x

God works in wondrous ways.

Glad it worked. It probably was a leftover Windows Registry that was causing the error.

That tools does seem to work with most Users.  If correctly used by the User. 

Take care.

No apologies. I often misread someone's reply and make a knee jerk reaction. to my detriment.

0 Likes

Yeah i'm assuming so aswell. Like i said i did remove the folders that a lot of people recommend such as the 'v13' and other version files, but obviously i must have missed some of the smaller ones which aren't as easy to find!

Once again thanks for your help! Honestly saved me so much stress, was up for hours last night trying to get it to work.

Have a good day/evening wherever you are!

0 Likes

same to you.

Take care

0 Likes

Which Hyper-V "enabled" are you referring to? 

blai0790_0-1653952529537.png

theres a few option including VM Monitor Mode Extension, second level adress translation extension, virtualization enabled in firmware and data execution protection. Mine just looks different compared to yours so I'm a little confused. My Ryzen Master installation wizard wont even initiate, please help.

0 Likes

@blai0790 

In the past, Hyper-V or VBS must be disabled completely for Ryzen Master to install.  Now I don't know if AMD has fixed Ryzen Master to work with Hyper-V enabled now but that was the way it was, at least, up to last year.

There was a huge Thread about Ryzen Master and Hyper-V with many pages to it. Read your Ryzen Master Guide and see if it still mentions that Hyper-V must be disabled for Ryzen Master to install and work normally.

Here is the thread from last year: https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/amd-ryzen-master-1-3-0-618-vbs-error/td-p/179477

By the way the above previous thread does include some fixes or tools to get Ryzen Master to install with Hyper-V enabled.

I just downloaded my processor's Windows 10 Ryzen Master version 2.9 QRG. This is what is says about VBS before installing Ryzen Master:

Screenshot 2022-05-30 131440.png

VBS includes Hyper-V feature.

0 Likes

I've looked for the setting which deactivates VBS in windows 10. Apparently its in the core isolation setting which my computer apparently doesnt have. Please refer to images below.

blai0790_0-1653953844205.pngblai0790_1-1653953854000.png

can you please tell me how you did it? Or if theres a workaround please teach me.

0 Likes

Also, as I said, there are several Hyper-V extension listed in the msinfo32 dialogue, which option should be looking out for to disable? is it all of them? my msinfo32 diag looks different to yours.

0 Likes

I really don't like the new Windows 10/11 Settings but I use Control Panel to enable or disable Hyper-V. You just need to find the same settings in the new Windows 10/11 Settings:

Okay I went to Windows 11 Windows Settings and inputted under "SEARCH" - "Windows Features" then this came up:

NOTE: I would first just disable Hyper-V and see if Ryzen Master installs if it doesn't then disable the Hypervisor Platform and try again. Then if it still doesn't install disable Virtual Machine Platforms.

But it is possible that when you disable Hyper-V those two other categories might be disabled also but not sure.

0 Likes

blai0790_0-1653960443877.png

hey as you can see, Hyper-V is not listed here anywhere. So I'm giving up and reinstalling the OS as it will most likely fix the problem and is the cure-all when it comes to nonsense like this. Thanks anyway and have a good day.

0 Likes

Thanks for your update but since you don't have Hyper-V listed is because you must be using Windows 10 Home edition. Only Pro versions and higher have Hyper-V feature.

Also installing the OS most of the time doesn't fix anything unless you have a defective hardware or Windows that was badly corrupted or infected with a malware.

You can run the following simple command in a elevated Command Prompt or Powershell to check your Windows OS:

SFC /scannow

It is possible that the 5600X processor isn't supported yet even though Ryzen Master says it supports all 5000 series processors now.

Here is the release notes for the latest Ryzen Master: https://www.amd.com/en/support/cpu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-7-desktop-processors

Before installing your OS again try using Microsoft Install/Uninstall APP (Microsoft Install/Uninstall Toolto remove all traces of the previous Ryzen Master and then download the above new version and see if it install successfully and works correctly.

If it doesn't open a AMD Support Ticket from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

Let them know with your Ryzen 5600X Ryzen Master isn't working and see what they say.

0 Likes

it's actually 5900x idk if that makes a difference. Also what makes you think its 5600? not trying to ask offensively rather trying to gauge where you got that information from. Your comments kinda made me afraid i might have bought a fake chip passing off as a 5900x. hope thats not the case lmao

0 Likes

Sorry about the confusion. I must of gotten your thread confused with another thread that is using the 5600x processor.

my bad.

Here is AMD Download page for Ryzen Master for the 5900X processor: https://www.amd.com/en/support/cpu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-9-desktop-processors/amd-ryzen-9-5...

0 Likes

Hyper-V was my issue, thanks..... Working now....

0 Likes