Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Nagrenol
Adept III

Ryzen Master Issue - Windows 11

Hi,

All upgraded to Windows 11, chipset has been updated.. literally everything is up to date etc etc

No issues with the exception for Ryzen Master.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled but Cannot get it to open and keep getting this error message

ryzm.png

I've seen other issues with people not being able to install it, but this installs without issue. Then I get this when I try to open it

Any idea's?

Specs if it's of any use

GPU: Red Devil Limited Edition RX 6800 XT
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280
MB: Asus ROG Strix X570-E
MEM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200
PSU: Corsair HX Platinum 1000 W 80+ Platinum
CASE: Fractal Design Meshify S2
Mon1: MSI Optix MAG271C 27" 1080p 144Hz
Mon2: DELL OMEN 27i 27" 1440p 165Hz

0 Likes
15 Replies
elstaci
MVP

Re: Ryzen Master Issue - Windows 11

I don't see any Ryzen Master for Windows 11 to download yet from AMD download page.

In my case I had updated Ryzen Master before installing Windows 11. But I did a Ingrade Upgrade where Windows  11 was installed without losing any 3rd party apps or Windows configurations. Yet when I click on my Ryzen Master it opens without issue.

But I haven't tried updating Ryzen Master with Windows 11 installed so it could be the Windows 10 Ryzen Master is not fully compatible with Windows 11 when being installed in a Windows 11 environment. just guessing though.

Here is the latest Ryzen Master for the Ryzen 9 3900X: https://www.amd.com/en/support/cpu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-9-desktop-processors/amd-ryzen-9-3...

Screenshot 2021-10-07 192150.png

I guess we will need to wait and see when AMD will post a Windows 11 Ryzen Master to download.

But just in case it is a corrupt installation try using Microsoft Install/Uninstall App to uninstall the current Ryzen Master and install the program again. See if the same problem occurs.

mauser1891
Elite

Hello,

Please consider that the internals have changed since Windows 10, thus some applications and programs will need to be changed. Some tools have made things easier to find base settings in my opinion, but something really should be done manually. If most will take note that there isn't day when there's an issue or another with Ryzen Master, mostly version changes in which registry edits are need in some cases. Do not take offense, but merely sharing an observation.

Reference @ https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-400 

<humor> I'm just an old guy who got started playing with things since ASUS P5A motherboards, AMD-233's and 100Mhz RAM with a 2.5 multiplier to run them at 250. I survived "Plug 'n' Pray" and made it through the "jumpers" ages ago with Windows 95. </humor>

X570 Taichi, Ryzen 3600XT, 32G of F4-3400C16D-16GSXW, XFX RX5700, NH-D15 Chromemax.black, Fractal Design R5, SilentWings 3 case fans, Intel 660P M.2 1T, WDS256G1X0C M.2 256G
Tags (1)
elstaci
MVP

@mauser1891 

This doesn't have anything to do with the OP but I was curious about your Ryzen CPU and GPU if it bottle-necked or not.

From a Bottleneck Calculator website this is what comes up with your hardware configuration:

Screenshot 2021-10-07 192150.png

0 Likes
mauser1891
Elite

Hello,

ArmA 3 UI doesn't exactly scale to well, while Guild War 2 has no issue's in 4k with SMART disabled/enabled. Please note that one can play without so much anti-aliasing, post-processing and a few other settings adjusted while playing in 4k. Now when dropping to 1080 one can make adjustments in the other direction so to speak. 

Reference @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1n1sIQM5wc 

I should state that I used to play Battlefield 3 with older hardware even for that time, yet I would get kicked as I was able to use the anti-aircraft vehicles fairly well. People didn't realize what I made up for in system performance, was compensated by the fact I could spot and make out the aspect changes for OPFOR helicopters by using a 42" display back then. They would cry that I was using an aimbot. If I go back farther I'd drop a running target at 500 meters with my M21 in Operation Flashpoint 10 years ago. Too me it's just playing smarter, not harder. Situational awareness even helps when an opponent becomes overconfident and charges in Guild Wars 2 in which one can merely jump and glide off a cliff, yet they fall to their death.

So at the end of the day, I've never concerned myself with "bottlenecks". Yet I do record my base scores and temperatures in order to check them. This I do especially for temperatures as I may need to change my CPU or GPU's thermal paste. 

X570 Taichi, Ryzen 3600XT, 32G of F4-3400C16D-16GSXW, XFX RX5700, NH-D15 Chromemax.black, Fractal Design R5, SilentWings 3 case fans, Intel 660P M.2 1T, WDS256G1X0C M.2 256G
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Nagrenol
Adept III

I had it updated to the version you linked prior to updating to windows 11 and it is the only thing that doesn't work.

I totally get that certain things/apps etc are not updated to work with windows11 yet but I have seen a lot of people using it with windows 11 so it is odd.

The uninstall method you mentioned is how I do it anyway and I have tried it a number of times after the upgrade also.

cheers for the input either way.

elstaci
MVP

I just mentioned it because I have a similar setup but slightly older GPU.

My 3700X is bottlenecked quite a bit by my Nvidia 1070.
0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

@Nagrenol 

If you did a Ingrade Upgrade from 10 to 11 then something was changed to make Ryzen Master not work.

On my computer I did a Ingrade Upgrade with Ryzen Master already installed and afterwards with Windows 11 it continued to work normally.

When you upgraded to Windows 11 did you make any BIOS changes in the settings?

0 Likes
Nagrenol
Adept III

Nope, made no changes

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Then the only thing I have left is to wait to see when AMD will post a Windows 11 Ryzen Master download, hopefully, very soon or open a AMD SUPPORT ticket and ask them what they believe is the problem from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

You did  do a Ingrade Upgrade correct? I mean you didn't do a Clean Windows 11 installation by deleting your old Windows 10 drive.

Maybe in my situation I got lucky that Ryzen Master works after upgrading to Windows 11.

EDIT: Found this tech site from this year about the exact same Ryzen Master error you are getting: https://howtodoninja.com/how-to/ryzen-master-failed-to-initialize-kindly-reinstall-the-program-fix/

Basically it says to run Ryzen Master program with Administration Rights to solve the issue.