Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

deusex263
Adept I

RYZEN MASTER IMPOSSIBLE TO RESTORE STOCK PARAMETERS

hello

i tried to overclock my ryzen 5 1600 on a gigabyte GA AB350 GAMING 3 ( last bios )   with ryzen master

i kept the original voltage and set to 3,6 ghz but when restarted it was locked a 3,4 ghz ans impossible to reset the stock parameters ( 3,2 ghz )

it 's impossible to reset my proc to default !!!

when i set it to default in bios and start windows i have always ryzen master parameters ( 3,4 ghz ) !!!!

in ryzen master it's impossible now to set other parameters and when i use the reset options it ask to restart windows

windows restart but nothing happens...ryzen master don't go back to stock settings ( always 3,4 ghz )

i tried a clear CMOS : it doesn't work

i tried to reflash my bios : it doesn't work !

i tried to reinstall windows on an other HD : it doesn't work !

i"m very surprised...RYZEN MASTER IS A BUGGY SOFT

what can i do ? buy another mobo or another PROCESSOR

how can it be possible ?

i advice not to use ryzen master, only overclock by bios !!!

0 Likes
1 Solution
plumboby
Miniboss

You shouldmt need another mobo to fix your current build. How well do you know you way round OC & things like that as to me its not your mobo somethings been missed or taken the wrong step causing this issue.New Itels are worse than Ryzen had a few m8s ditching them going Ryzen 1 has encountered this tho was told. He took a diffrent approach from another perspective to find was a setting over looked.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
48 Replies

here is a PDF of Ryzen Master Utility : https://download.amd.com/documents/AMD-Ryzen-Processor-and-AMD-Ryzen-Master-Overclocking-Users-Guide... .

When you Overclock the CPU, did you use one of the "Profiles" in Ryzen Master Utility or did you just increase the speed without using any "Profiles"?

Maybe if you apply one of the "Profiles" from Ryzen Master Utility and then afterwards, if it overclocked successfully, then use "RESET" to see if it restores the CPU back to default. My thinking, and it may be totally wrong, is that if you didn't use a "Profile" you may have Overclocked  it incorrectly. By using one of Master Ryzen's Overclocking  "Profiles" it will set all parameters on the CPU correctly to run in a Overclocked state. Then when you click on "Reset" it will reset the CPU back to default correctly. 

0 Likes

i didn't use a profile, i just increased the speed

but it's impossible now to go back to stock settings

when i modify a profile, the profile is modified but it's not applied

i don't know how to apply the profile settings to actual settings because actual settings seem impossible to be modified...it's read only

and the reset doesn't work. it asks to restart windows...windows restart and the old settings are still active

ryzen master is supposed to restart automatically after windows but nothing happens !

i think there is a big bug with ryzen master because several people have the same problem and it's not resolved yet !

maybe i need to buy a new mobo...

i can't understand how it's possible because i reinstalled windows 10 several times and reset the bios then flash the bios...

and the parameters are still there !!!

i even reinstall windows 10 on a new hard drive and the problem is not resolved !

i suppose ryzen master parameters are somewhere in the CPU or elsewhere because a windows reinstallation and a clear CMOS should have solved the problem else...

i should have purchased a core i5 or i7...i regret to have purchased a ryzen

0 Likes

Here is a link on how to "Enable" and Overclock a Ryzen CPU : AMD RYZEN Overclocking Guide - Overclockers .

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

Its not the bios or Ryzen master. What 3rd party software is installed for OC wise on your build i am thinking could be 3rd party OC tool conflicting with AMD software any 3rd party software tools from Gigabyte Even Afterburner with 10 with newest drivers does it dont blame ryzen master. No specs of build & what your running is listed more details will help & 3rd party tools your using if using any. As 9/10 issues caused are from 3rd party software conflicting with AMD drivers & software.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

wouldn't touch the new gen intels with a 10 foot barge pole u want specter & meltdown issues go intel. Its something that's you have done by accident i suspect its not the software are your running any 3rd party software as i asked earlier as if you are will be 1 of the main issues conflicting the issues as stated. As its not the processor or bios its something been done by accident its why i dont bother OC anything for a few weeks till its running stable. I am thinking its a possible 3rd party software your using causing this issue did you use the correct bios flash to suit your motherboard. Try Reflash to the 1st or 2nd bios release for your motherboard to see if its the bios or Motherboard issue. BTW have you installed any of the Gigsbyte crapware that's come with the motherboard as if you have i suspect its the issue. If using Windows 10 a lesson learnt using a 3rd party brand like gigabyte, asus or msi dont use any of there software with AMD builds will throw conflicts all the time over riding stock AMD settings after the 1709 update. Known issue with the creators update.

0 Likes

i did not install any third party software

just a new install of windows 10 home 64 bits

nothing else ! no other soft

i reset the mobo CMOS

i flashed the bios ( tried all versions available )

and RYZEN MASTER parameters cannot be modified

i understand i must use ryzen master reset option but it asks to restart windows and ryzen master is supposed to re-launch automatically to apply the stock options

and nothing happens : one hour after the windows restart, ryzen master has not launched yet...

my system works but i want to go back to CPU stock options and since i've used this damn soft it' s impossible !

i'm sure there is a big bug in ryzen master wich is not corrected yet !

0 Likes
deusex263
Adept I

i'm now trying to obtain a new mobo

i learned the lesson : only overclock by bios !

0 Likes

This old thread was having a similar problem with Master Ryzen. Maybe the suggestion here might help: 1950X stuck as 4C/8T - Ryzen Master won't apply changes

This older thread AMDMATT mentions about using Task Scheduler to force Windows to start Master Ryzen: Command to launch Ryzen Master with specific profile at Windows startup?

0 Likes

ryzen master now restart automatically after reset option or apply profile but the changes are not done....still a 3,4 and sometimes 1,5 or 3,7

the stock parameters seem to have vanished since i used Ryzen Master

how can i recover my default settings ( 3,2 with turbo boost ) ?

i returned in bios and overclock with bios at 3,3 to have a stable frequency...

there is something very strange : i can't understand why a windows reinstall and flash bios and clear CMOS can't restore the default parameters...

the pb is due to ryzen master whatever AMD can tell

0 Likes

I was wondering what if you uninstall Master Ryzen and re-configure your BIOS back to default on everything that concerns the CPU. If that doesn't work, Re-install Master Ryzen and try again. I really don't have any other suggestions. Someone that is experienced with Overclocking Ryzen CPUs needs to help you.

My final advice is to contact AMD Support. They may have a clue as to why you can't default your CPU again. Send either a AMD REPORT ISSUE : AMD Issue Reporting Form or email them, which is probably better since you will probably get a response back, : Email Form or better yet do both.

0 Likes

i really tried everything.

nothing works

i tried to get a new mobo but i m afraid it won"t work since i've reset the bios and CMOS and it did not work

it seems parameters are locked in the CPU...i don't want to buy another CPU, too expensive

i can't admit AMD offers such a buggy software...

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

You shouldmt need another mobo to fix your current build. How well do you know you way round OC & things like that as to me its not your mobo somethings been missed or taken the wrong step causing this issue.New Itels are worse than Ryzen had a few m8s ditching them going Ryzen 1 has encountered this tho was told. He took a diffrent approach from another perspective to find was a setting over looked.

0 Likes

a setting ? wich setting ?

i may search the solution for years....

0 Likes

And you marked this as a correct answer??

0 Likes

This person in this current thread was having something similar in the respect that MasterRyzen wouldn't change the CPU parameters and show 3 of his CPU being disabled. The answer given could be another way to try and set your CPU to "Defaults" using the commenter's solution:AMD ryzen master disabled 3 cores

AMD ryzen master disabled 3 cores

This question has been Answered.

warrcan

I tried to upgrade to version 1.2.0.540. there were problems with the launch, there was not enough driver. disabled driver signature verification and launched the application. but I did not like the interface, I deleted the application and reset the settings in the BIOS. Now only 3 cores and 6 threads work, how can I fix this? Neither in the latest version nor in the older menu, the inclusion / deactivation of the cores does not work

warrcan
Correct Answerby warrcan on Mar 5, 2018 12:12 AM

I tried a lot of ways, but that's what helped me:

1) First I closed the contact on the motherboard and thus reset the bios settings.

2) I then disabled the driver check again.

3) Installed and ran Ryzen Master, although the core management menu was still inactive, it was possible to reset the settings to "default".

4) After that, everything works fine.

0 Likes

Hi, I have the same problem. Could you explain in more detail what you did to solve the problem? I do not understand if you put a youmper to the cmos or if you removed the socket processor Thank you

0 Likes

hi,

i never managed to solve the problem

i didn't try to remove the socket processor....maybe it works

Le jeu. 7 mars 2019 à 21:19, spiderharper <amd-external@jiveon.com> a

écrit :

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: RYZEN MASTER IMPOSSIBLE TO RESTORE STOCK PARAMETERS in *Drivers &

Software*

0 Likes

I noticed that when installing the chipset driver is when it starts to raise the clock speed, it may be there it fails, I will continue trying to solve it

0 Likes

hey man, I had the same problem with the same chip. I fixed it by first changing the clock speed to 3.3 and for some reason that one let me apply it. after that, I just kept lowering it by .025 until I got it back to 3.2

0 Likes

thanks ! i will try it

Le lun. 29 avr. 2019 à 08:27, kdubz17 <amd-external@jiveon.com> a écrit :

Software*

0 Likes

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I hoped I will fix issue with new Windows installation, but reading your comments, I guess I wont. This is serious problem, and AMD should give you a new CPU, and If I dont fix it, to me too. If i revert RM to stock or Auto nothing happens, minimum CPU frequency is at 3.7ghz. So if flashing of BIOS and reinstallation of Windows 10 do not help, then maybe you have to put CPU out for a while and put it in again, but I dont know if that helps. Thios is serius problem(bug) in Ryzen Master.

0 Likes

flashing of bios and windows reinstallation don't work

i did not try to put CPU out and put it in again , maybe it works...

i gave up and keep my cpu overclocked a 3,4 with stock cooler and it works

fine but overclocking desactivate turbo mode, so it's not a good deal

i'd prefer stock settings ( 3,2 ghz base and turbo mode to 3,6 ghz )

Le jeu. 20 juin 2019 à 13:10, digdeep <amd-external@jiveon.com> a écrit :

Software*

0 Likes

Solution is to format Windows and not only do an upgrade!

0 Likes

i formatted and reinstall windows, it doesn't work

Le sam. 6 juil. 2019 à 16:32, digdeep <amd-external@jiveon.com> a écrit :

Software*

0 Likes
digdeep
Adept I

You have to put the cpu out from the socket and then put it back in and cpu will revert back to default factory settings.

0 Likes

Actually that didnt solved my problem, frequencies are still at 3400-3700 in idle, lowest they go is 2600mhz, they should be 1550mhz, if everything would work fine.

0 Likes
digdeep
Adept I

Solution is to format disk and reinstall OS. (Fresh install, not just upgrade and keep files.)

That helps 1 000 000%! I had the same problem, Ryzen Master increased EDC and CPU frequency and didnt return it to default, I almost did RMA but fresh Windows installation solved the problem. Ryzen Master sometimes wont set CPU back to stock settings, but Windows reinstallation solves that problem.

0 Likes

in my case, it didn't work

it was the first thing i tried,but it did not work !

There's a big problem with this damn ryzen master

i advice not to use it, only overclock using bios parameters

Le dim. 7 juil. 2019 à 22:09, digdeep <amd-external@jiveon.com> a écrit :

Software*

0 Likes

Are you sure you formatted and wiped the disk before installation?

I put the cpu out of the socker and back in and that didnt worked and after that I reinstalled the Windows and frequeny went back to stock. If you can request RMA, they approved RMA to me, but then Windows reinstallation fixed the issue, so I canceled it.

0 Likes

yes i'm sure !

i tried everything i can do :

re-install windows ON A NEW HDD, reset CMOS and bios parameters, flash bios

( all versions ), rebuilt the machine ( i built the pc myself )

and IT DOES NOT WORK !!! It's impossible to recover the stock parameters :

3,2 ghz base and turbo boost available

all was working well before i used the program for the first time to

overclok my CPU

i should buy a new mobo and a new CPU to recover the stock parameters or

use RMA !

fortunatly i can set CPU frequency by bios and it works well but turbo

boost mode has disapeared ! i must set a fixed frequency

so i set CPU frequency to 3,5 ghz and it works pretty well...

Le lun. 8 juil. 2019 à 14:52, digdeep <amd-external@jiveon.com> a écrit :

Software*

0 Likes

I guess Im lucky then. RMA it.

0 Likes

well, i keep the cpu at 3,5ghz,it works fine

but i won't use ryzen master anymore for others

RYZEN CPUs are the best, i'm going to buy the new ryzen 5 3600 on a new

configuration but i won't overclock it

Le lun. 8 juil. 2019 à 21:30, digdeep <amd-external@jiveon.com> a écrit :

Software*

0 Likes

I would try to put the cpu out from the socket and then put it back in.

0 Likes
michaelk_
Journeyman III

Have you tried this? I had a similar problem with my 3800X and Ryzen Master: Go in the bios and set a safe manual CPU clock speed and voltage. Then  boot into windows and check if those settings are applied (they should). Then go back in the bios and set everything to default/auto and now the default bios settings should be applied again.

0 Likes

I resolved the issue with windows reinstallation.

0 Likes

it seems that the new version of windows 10 ( 1903 ) resolved the problem !

the new version was installed by windows update and the probleme has gone

CPU is back to stock parameters : 3,2 ghz and turbo mode is enabled

again....( up to 3,6 )

incredible

Le jeu. 15 août 2019 à 18:31, digdeep <amd-external@jiveon.com> a écrit :

Software*

Im glad you solved your issue. Windows 10 1903 helped me too to resolve this issue.

0 Likes
imperius
Journeyman III

My Amd ryzen 2600 is stuck at 3.8 ghz all cores cuz ryzen master How to fix this stupid problem when i go to ryzen master end clilck reset hi do that but noting change im tired i update bios.windows end reset cmos can somebady plase tell me what to do im tired of this what i must do.i see some ppl update they windows at 1903 i do that end noting hepend what to do i want my old 3.4 3.9 boost back what to do what to do ? dont use ryzen master to oc do it with bios ! now is unstable voltage end 3.8 all core every time i turn on my pc 1 time ever i chose to go amd after 10y of intel end this  hepend

0 Likes

i rly need help this drive me crazy i just wanted to see how program work but i see now 

0 Likes