cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sqwerty
Adept II

Ryzen Master Driver not Installed properly!

Ryzen Master 2 (.0.0.1192) doesn't work.

Error: Ryzen master driver not installed properly.

Had same error with previous version (2.0.0.1189).

Worked once or twice, didn't work again, uininstalled re-installed, worked briefly, didn't work again.

Uninstalled re-installed 10+ times including trying windows troubleshooter: doesn't work.

Funnily enough had similar problems with Asus Aura software recently (software installs but driver (lightingcontrol) not working), only managed to get a very old version to work.

Specs: Ryzen 7 3700X, Prime X470-Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB nvme, Windows 10 (1903) Pro.

EDIT: Thanks to /u/EntryLevelDeveloper for fix source.

1 Solution
sqwerty
Adept II

Fix found and working consistently on reboot.

In search type regedit and navigate to:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\

If you see the following two entries:

AMDRyzenMasterDriverV13

AMDRyzenMasterDriverV14

right click AMDRyzenMasterDriverV13 and delete it.

reboot.

This way windows can correctly load the v14 version RM requires to function.

View solution in original post

74 Replies

Just tried it and still getting the same issue. Tried older versions and different drivers. None of it works.

0 Likes

THIS! Thank you, I kept reading the stuff about the two seperate entries that didnt apply to me but this post worked for me. I had to figure out how to change permissions to be able to modify it though, it was just a quick google search.

0 Likes

Double Click "Image Path" and enter: C:\Program Files\AMD\RyzenMaster\bin\AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys  I have tried everything and this is the only thing that has worked. It took me a week of re-installing Ryzen Master and All versions of Radeon Software.

0 Likes

This isn't problem for me.

3200G on msi tomohawk max II running latest Windows10. No GPU.

I had ryzen master running fine just for use as a monitor of performance/temps/fans because recent build and running as a minecraft server, so may need to tweak fan profiles.

Today was changing performance settings to stop pc turning off after inactivity, and used amd utility to download/install latest chipset drivers etc. I did briefly download and run HWinfo64 to see about altering fan speeds without going back to bios everytime, but didn't make any changes before restarting PC.

After PC restart tried opening ryzen master and the "driver failed to install" came up.  Found the solution mentioned on this forum and others, but I don't have V13 + V14. In the relevant regedit location I have V17 only.

Tried uninstall and reinstall to no avail. Uninstall HWinfo64 incase that caused it. Not fixed.

Any help about fixing this appreciated.

0 Likes

Hiya, I only have AMDRyzenMasterDriver and AMDRyzenMasterDriverV19, don't wanna make a massive mistake and delete AMDRyzenMasterDriver unless I'm 100% sure I'm meant to.

0 Likes

I keep seeing this solution everywhere, but for me I don't have v13 or v14 and never have. I only have AMDRyzenMaster and AmdRyzenMasterv19, I have tried deleting that and it didn't work. I have tried everything, and I can get it working after right clicking on Ryzen Master and troubleshooting compatibility, then selecting a different version and selecting different ones untill it work.. That only works the first time I open Ryzen Master, after that then I get Driver not installed properly or it freezes and I have to manually restart my PC. The only thing that work indefinitely is using AMDcleanuputility.exe, getting rid of anything AMD related and then Installing AMD Radeon version 21.8.2. Any version after that Ryzen Master will not work "properly" for me. It works perfect every time after doing that. I really want to get a newer version of Radeon Software that works with Ryzen Master but I have yet to find one.

0 Likes

You are clearly talking about different subject!

0 Likes

I FOUND A FIX!

I am currently on a 3700x with an RX 5700 XT, Radeon Software version 21.10.2. After checking the registry as previous posts suggested, I found that the files the registry is looking for just... doesn't exist where it's looking. It's looking for AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys in 2 locations within the default \AMD\ folder, both of which don't even exist beyond $SystemDrive\AMD\.

However, I did find the driver in $SystemDrive\windows\system32\. after I redirected the targets on BOTH registry listings to "$SystemDrive:\Windows\System32\AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys" (substitute "$SystemDrive" for your actual drive label and include the quotation marks around the entire file location.)

Restarted my system, attemped to run AMD Ryzen Master and IT WORKED! I hope this helps anyone who is still trying to get it to work without needing to rollback to 21.8.2!

EDIT (11/23/2021 @ 1:49PM EST): The system has since been shut down, turned back on from a 10+ hour cold boot, and Ryzen Master still works! I'm genuinely shocked that this fix was so simple, honestly.

Thanks, wolfboy! A variation of your suggestion seemed to work for me. Initially your procedure didn't work; but then I substituted \SystemRoot\System32\AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys (no quotes) for both registry entries. Afterward, without even rebooting the PC or reinstalling Ryzen Master, I started Ryzen Master and it worked.

I haven't rebooted since then, so I don't know how durable this solution will be for me. And it's possible that this was just a coincidental random spontaneous recovery. But other suggestions here that I tried, including reinstalling the chipset drivers before reinstalling Ryzen Master, had not worked for me even temporarily (and I had no desire to revert to an earlier video driver).

Following a reboot, Ryzen Master is back to not starting (same driver-installation error message). Oh well.

0 Likes

I've got this problem to and have tried all the solutions offered in this thread.

0 Likes

I'm sorry to hear that the fix I found for myself didn't work for you two, Gary and Theresa. I forgot to mention that I'm on Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1348, and that I only found the AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys after doing a system-wide file search for it. Maybe try a file search for that exact file name and point the registry entries there? Otherwise, I've got no other solutions at this time

0 Likes

I'm on WIndows 11 22000.348, but the file is in the same location that you found it in. Thanks anyway for the suggestion, and I'm glad it's working for you!

0 Likes

I'm on WIndows 11. I do find the driver file at the two originally-pointed-to locations, as well as in system32. So whatever the problem is, that doesn't seem to be it. Thanks for the suggestions, though!

I didn't include the quotation marks around the entry and that was what was causing it to fail.  I included them and now no error message.

This helped me so much! Thank you.

This just happened to me, I started having blue screen WHEA uncorrectable error after reapplying my cpu thermal paste and some cleaning. When I just browsing desktop, it doesnt bsod but when I began to play heavy games, I was playing God of War, everytime it goes bsod. I always thought it was the ram, I reseated it again and again, open GOW again, it bsod. At this time, I dont know how to check Event Viewer yet.

Then I suspect it might be driver problem, I updated all my drivers, cleaned uninstalled Radeon software driver, and install again. I STILL get blue screen. Then I searchedon the internet, then i found out how to check the Event Viewer, then there it is the error:

The AMDRyzenMasterDriverV17 service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

I then searched and found this thread, go to my regedit and delete AMDRyzenMasterDriverV17 and AMDRyzenMasterDriver, I try playing again and IT DIDNT BSOD! 

I hope someone who experience similar problem as me will find this and help them. Im suprised AMD Ryzen Master driver lead to whea uncorrectable error

0 Likes

On Windows 11 it works properly with the last version (deleted AMDRyzenMasterDriverV18 and left V19).

Thanks

0 Likes

Thanks, this worked for me. In my case I installed latest version (2.11.2.2659) and had to delete entries V19 and V14, leaving only V22.

0 Likes
stormivi
Adept I

Thank you.

Works good

0 Likes
mrchoc
Journeyman III

For those who can't find the v13 folder, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\AMDRyzenMasterDriver\ImagePath was referencing an incorrect AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys file (the one from Gigabyte EasyTune, to be more specific).

So replace the ImagePath value with (without the quotes) "C:\Program Files\AMD\RyzenMaster\bin\AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys".

Credits to a youtube comment on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpaVEFXKFbE&ab_channel=F7GOS

mrchoc
Journeyman III

For those who can't find the v13 folder, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\AMDRyzenMasterDriver\ImagePath was referencing an incorrect AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys file (the one from Gigabyte EasyTune, to be more specific).

So replace the ImagePath value with (without the quotes) "C:\Program Files\AMD\RyzenMaster\bin\AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys".

Credits to a youtube comment on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpaVEFXKFbE&ab_channel=F7GOS

This ended up solving an issue for me. I didn't have any AMD drivers or software that I could find, but I got blue screened on the AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys problem because of the registry reference from easy tune after switching from legacy bios to UEFI

0 Likes

Thank you! This worked! 

0 Likes
sonofaslav
Journeyman III

This is for people that still cant fix it i tried everything everyone said and it did not work for me so i looked for an older version (downloaded the v13) and then installed most recent version, went into registry and deleted the "RyzenMasterDriverV13" folder and it finally worked.

0 Likes
jam111
Journeyman III

The problem was fixed for me by an older version

https://amd-ryzen-master.software.informer.com/versions/

0 Likes
freakyyyy
Adept II

*10/5/2021*

> Go to Regedit

> Go to > Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\AMDRyzenMasterDriver

Double click > Image Path C:\Program Files\AMD\Performance Profile Client\AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys

Delete the "\??\" so it should be like this C:\Program Files\AMD\Performance Profile Client\AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys

Then Restart

0 Likes
datboiwitdaglasses
Journeyman III

So i came along this problem too, but in this case i didnt have the v13 or v19, just AMDRyzenMasterDriver. After looking for hours and trying everything i could find, nothing had changed... until i found a video on youtube explaining how to fix the problem. not gonna lie, i was so angry with how easy the fix was. After doing what the guy said, i restarted my computer and boom, all fixed and finally saw the AMDRyzenMasterDriverV19 that i had been looking for. i can now open and operate the program with no problems, so heres the video so all of you can try this too.

https://youtu.be/BJ3kwoTgrYg

I had Ryzen Master working but since updating Radeon drivers it broke, I really don't want to have to mess with the registry whenever there is an update

0 Likes

Glad it works for you thank you so much for sharing my video to help people   

0 Likes
decksur
Journeyman III

I am also encountering this issue. Funny thing is, yesterday it was working fine with the new CPU (3900X). But today that error is all i see, even after a reinstall of Ryzen Master. mcdvoice myhoneybakedfeedback 

0 Likes
idiocracy
Adept II

I have

AMDRyzenMasterDriver and AMDRyzenMasterDriverV19

Is the solution to just deleted the one with the lowest or no value?

0 Likes
DankleBurg
Journeyman III

Solution for another issue.

If you do not see RyzenMasterDriverV13 in regedit go to:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\AMDRyzenMasterDriver and press enter.

Double click on ImagePath.

In the "Value Data" section, remove "\??\"

Restart your PC.

Hopefully this helps anyone who is still having trouble with this.

0 Likes

Real helpful lmao 

0 Likes
AMD-Fangirl
Adept I

thanks for the help! i had V20 and V22, i deleted v20 and rebooted, works now! (now i can see my cpu temps instead of only utilization) i've also noticed the cpu including fans will throttle sometimes without ryzen master working properly. 

0 Likes