cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sqwerty
Adept II

Ryzen Master Driver not Installed properly!

Ryzen Master 2 (.0.0.1192) doesn't work.

Error: Ryzen master driver not installed properly.

Had same error with previous version (2.0.0.1189).

Worked once or twice, didn't work again, uininstalled re-installed, worked briefly, didn't work again.

Uninstalled re-installed 10+ times including trying windows troubleshooter: doesn't work.

Funnily enough had similar problems with Asus Aura software recently (software installs but driver (lightingcontrol) not working), only managed to get a very old version to work.

Specs: Ryzen 7 3700X, Prime X470-Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB nvme, Windows 10 (1903) Pro.

EDIT: Thanks to /u/EntryLevelDeveloper for fix source.

1 Solution
sqwerty
Adept II

Fix found and working consistently on reboot.

In search type regedit and navigate to:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\

If you see the following two entries:

AMDRyzenMasterDriverV13

AMDRyzenMasterDriverV14

right click AMDRyzenMasterDriverV13 and delete it.

reboot.

This way windows can correctly load the v14 version RM requires to function.

View solution in original post

74 Replies
flatout
Journeyman III

Got similar issue.

I had ryzen master 2.0.0.1192 installed and working yesterday using my 2700x. I then updated to beta bios for my MSI B450I motherboard and put in my 3700x cpu. Upon start of windows when it tried to launch ryzen master I got something like "CPU not supported" or similar. I then uninstalled and reinstalled Ryzen master and after that I get the "driver not installed properly" on every start of ryzen master, so I cant get it running at all.

ryzen-master.png

0 Likes

Tu windows déjalo en 1909, es el más estable. Luego todo normal, instalas tu driver recomendado para tu gráfica y ya. No debería darte más problemas. Pero si te sigue saliendo algo diferente, compártelo.

0 Likes

This isn't working for me. I've uninstalled, deleted files, deleted registry entries, reinstalled, rebooted. No idea what to try next. Any other solutions?

0 Likes
amd_user7950
Adept II

I am also encountering this issue. Funny thing is, yesterday it was working fine with the new CPU (3900X). But today that error is all i see, even after a reinstall of Ryzen Master.

I am on the AMD CPU 3900X & Crosshair VII Hero motherboard.

0 Likes
ivorin
Adept I

I had this issue too, but in my case it was resolved by installing the latest AMD chipset drivers. For example, if you have a B450 motherboard, here's the link:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b450

If it still doesn't work, it might be also necessary to necessary to uninstall then reinstall Ryzen Master.

0 Likes
boosteds2k
Journeyman III

Same exact issue... was able to get it working once and then that was it. Getting the same error message. Asus Rog X470-i / 3700X. Also had the issue with Aura.. interestingly enough lol was able to get it working by uninstalling every component of Aura and reinstalling, but my motherboard's rgb still isn't recognized so that's still crappy.

0 Likes
ivorin
Adept I

As an update to my previous post, the issue sometimes recurs for me, but each time it does, I can fix it by:

• Uninstalling Ryzen Master

• Rebooting

• Re-installing Ryzen Master

Can confirm this works for me too. Cant believe I didnt try this

Edit: it still seems I get the error for each reboot. So I suppose I have to uninstall ryzen master every time I turn off computer.

0 Likes
will_o
Journeyman III

Having the exact same issue with the Ryzen Master app not installing and uninstalling properly (Driver not installed!).  Ryzen 3700X with an MSI x570 A-Pro motherboard.  It's become super annoying and the stock motherboard settings have the CPU voltage at 1.47V... 

I'm very worried that running my CPU without Ryzen Master will burn up my brand new Ryzen chip.

Any advice?

0 Likes
ivorin
Adept I

After continuing to encounter this issue and after experimenting more about what causes it, it seems that waiting a short time after the desktop appears, perhaps 30 seconds, can help with launching Ryzen Master. But once it gets "damaged", uninstalling + rebooting + re-installing may be necessary.

Ryzen Master seems quite sensitive to any changes made to the BIOS/CMOS setup. Such a change sometimes requires a re-install of the software. In addition, any kind of CPU or system instability, such as a crash while testing overclocking settings, tends to require a re-installation of Ryzen Master.

So I suggest experimenting with different BIOS settings to see if any help stabilize Ryzen Master for you. For example, these might help if you have the option:

• Putting the vcore voltage on Auto so that the CPU can adjust its own voltage dynamically.

• Enabling AMD Cool & Quiet

• Setting Global C-States to Enabled

• Temporarily turning off Overdrive and any other aggressive or overclocking settings in case they're causing the issue.

boosteds2k
Journeyman III

Can confirm this works for me too! Thanks!

0 Likes

Under registry on the path indicated in previous post, check the path to the sys file. It may show ?? Or other before c:\...

0 Likes
sqwerty
Adept II

Fix found and working consistently on reboot.

AMDRyzenMasterDriverV13

AMDRyzenMasterDriverV14

reboot.

This way windows can correctly load the v14 version RM requires to function.

Thanks! Solved ryzen master issues in system with 2700x and 3900x on 6/25/20.

0 Likes

Having the same issue, i follow your steps and Only find AMDRyzenMasterDriverV15. Any chance you could help me?

0 Likes

AMDRyzenMasterDriverV13

AMDRyzenMasterDriverV14

I am able to install AMD Ryzen Master or so the app tells me. When I select "Launch" nothing happens. It is not installed and there are no Registry entries to be found on RyzenMaster or Ryzen Master to remove as suggested. This is a brand new Windows 10 installation and if highly frustrating....  

0 Likes

What if i cant see the AMDRyzenMasterDriverV14???

Perfect, now it works!

28/01/2021 - R5 3600x/Msi Gaming Pro Carbon/16GB Ballistix 3200

0 Likes

I do not have AMDRyzenMasterDriverV13 or AMDRyzenMasterDriverV14. The only entry I have is AMDRyzenMasterDriver. I am still getting the "driver not installed properly" error.

Gary Stanek

Tengo el mismo problema. Solo tengo una entrada.

0 Likes

I do not have AMDRyzenMasterDriverV13 or AMDRyzenMasterDriverV14. The only entry I have is AMDRyzenMasterDriver. I am still getting the "driver not installed properly" error.

Gary Stanek

0 Likes

but in my case I don't see that only AMDRyzenMasterDriver

I got the same problem

0 Likes

AmdRyzenMasterDriver only available 

0 Likes

I had the same issue, only AmdRyzenMasterDriver available within regedit. I have noticed path to EasyTune - Gigabyte OC SW for CPU.

For me worked:

1. Uninstall EasyTune, or other CPU OC SW.

2. Uninstall Ryzen Master and AMD Chipset Drivers.

3. Delete  AmdRyzenMasterDriver within regedit and restart.

4. Install AMD Chipset Drivers and restart: https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b450

5. Install Ryzen Master, within regedit you should see AMDRyzenMasterDriverV16 with path: \??\C:\Program Files\AMD\RyzenMaster\bin\AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys

Done.

I am using Aorus (Gigabyte) therefore do have EasyTune installed.

Your solution rocks, now all return to normal after following your steps

thank you.

0 Likes

Thank you so much!

I tried uninstalling restarting and installing and other solutions I read on Reddit but none worked.

Thankfully uninstalling EasyTune worked!

I had never even used any of those Gigabyte utilities.

0 Likes

resolveu meu problema. obrigado

0 Likes

Help me please. Mine, only AMDRyzenMasterDriver folder no other than that. I reinstall many time. Disabled enabled the vbs. Idk what to do now.

0 Likes

This happened to me after a BIOS upgrade on my Motherboard. 
To solve the issue had to do a fresh re-install of the AMD drivers + Ryzen Master. 
Working fine after that

0 Likes

What you should do is start RegEdit and under HKey_Local_Machine, System, CurrentControlSet, Services, RyzenMasterDriver (it might have a number behind it - see below) and make sure that the path to the file "AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys" is properly entered under the option, "ImagePath".

If you have done a default installation of Ryzen Master then you should be seeing this "\??\C:\Program Files\AMD\RyzenMaster\bin\AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys". If you see something else then replace whatever garbage has been put in there with what I have in quotes above (DON'T copy the quotation marks).

If you have multiple entries for AMDRyzenMasterDriver with different numbers preceded by a "V" (which relates to the version number) currently that would be "V19" then delete the entry or entries with the lower "V" numbers and then check what I posted above.

This happened to me after a BIOS upgrade on my Motherboard. 
To solve the issue had to do a fresh re-install of the AMD drivers + Ryzen Master. 
Working fine after that

0 Likes

Did all that and in the registry I did not have a V13, just a plain Rizenmasterdriver, So I don't know what to do now.

0 Likes

Also for those who installed easy turner.. you have to uninstall.. that also  gives you this error 

0 Likes

Hey mate, I just upgraded from a 3700x to a 5950x and I have similar issues, even after reinstalling my windows. 

More than that, there is only 1 AMDRyzenMasterDriver folder in regedit. regedit.jpg

I'd be exteremly grateful for any feedback. 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes

I had the same problem. It worked after I replaced the value of ImagePath with C:\Program Files\AMD\RyzenMaster\bin\AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys and rebooting.

Played around before reading your reply.

I have got it to work by uninstalling AMD RADEON software utility thingy. As not got GPU, and only using onboard graphics to manage the minecraft server performance, don't need the RADEON stuff.

Very pleased. May be of help to others.

Thanks for your advice.

0 Likes

"I had the same problem. It worked after I replaced the value of ImagePath with C:\Program Files\AMD\RyzenMaster\bin\AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys and rebooting."

Malapterurus... Dude, you are my hero. I was going out of my mind and this worked.

0 Likes

If doesn't work yet any solution try this:

Go to : Regedit > Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\AMDRyzenMasterDriver

If you have  2 folder with similar names > AMDRyzenMasterDriver > AMDRyzenMasterDriverV14,15,18,19 whatever version, delete this one AMDRyzenMasterDriverV?.

Now select the  carpet and go to "Image Path" if this path looks like "\??\C:\Program Files\AMD\RyzenMaster\bin\AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys" it's corrupted > Click right and MODIFY and copy this path " C:\Program Files\AMD\RyzenMaster\bin\AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys " OK and Restart your computer and Problem Fixed.