Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

greyfang
Adept I

Ryzen Master does not start properly

Hi,

I am unable to get Ryzen Master to work at all.

Previously, I had a Ryzen 1700x installed and an old version of Ryzen Master running without problems.

I upgraded the CPU to a 2700x and the first thing that happened was that Ryzen Master told me that it was not compatible with that processor.

No problem ... I downloaded the newest version and installed it.

Now, when I start Ryzen Master, it shows me the outline of where a window would be (it is transparent, so I do not know what the contents would be) and then it just disappears, without ever starting Ryzen Master properly.

I updated the Chip drivers and the BIOS to the latest versions.

Sort of at a loss as to what to do now. I do want to set the clockspeed to a constant 4100 Mhz.

My setup:

• Asus MB 370x-Pro / 32 GB RAM / 2 x 1 TB SSD / Win10 Pro 64bit (latest update) / Ryzen 7 2700x

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Greyfang

0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have released an updated version of Ryzen Master Tool to address this issue, you can download it here.

View solution in original post

106 Replies

I'll DM you in private, I wasted 3 weeks, yes 3 entire weeks of my life to fix AMD Ryzen Master on my system, I formatted my PC 4 or 5 times and at this point I think I know more about AMD Ryzen Master and it's installation issue than AMD engineer themself.

0 Likes

I have the problem after reinstalling windows, the Ryzen Master was installed and worked, since the it refuses to boot, this on a 2200g. 

I installed Adrenalin, the Radeon drivers were actualized, the adrenalin installed and performance center with GPU/CPU data also, supposably Ryzen Master too, but when i tried to open, it says RM is not installed. I try to install it from the link you gave, but it still wont work.  

It is disappointing to see the error was communicated back in 2018 and it is still not resolved. 

0 Likes
canbera
Journeyman III

first of all hello and late merry christmas, and my apologies for bumping this thread, but the solution unfortunately hasn't worked for me.

I did the MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall thing followed by amd utility cleanup, installed the chipset driver and the updated version of AMD Ryzen Master, and nothing has changed for me.

Still the same like what happens in the .gif that the user jonforum posted.

If that helps, I got a Ryzen 7 2700x, Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 Wifi Mainboard, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, latest version.

Thank you in advance for the help,

Greetings.

0 Likes

If you have an NVIDIA GPU in the NVIDIA Control Panel under the "Manage 3D Settings" // "Global Setting", i'd suggest you hit "Restore" at the bottom to disable all kind of MFAA / FXAA method because it has been known to cause issue with Ryzen Master.

If that doesnt fix your issue i'd also suggest you put you'r system region in United State and language in English (United State) since it has been known to fix the issue for some users.

Also double check that you have the AMD Ryzen Master v1.5.2.869 installer (latest revision).

Last but not least, you might want to try this method if those 2 steps mentionned above fail to resolve your launch issue with Ryzen Master :
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/a7vne2/need_help_amd_ryzen_master_v152869_installatio...

Thank you very much, everything works now. Greetings, msw

canbera Can I ask what solution worked for you? We try to get as much info as possible to get AMD Software Engineer fix those issue for good

0 Likes
noodles59
Miniboss

Just built my Ryzen box (win10 1809/ cpu 2700x/ ram Predator 3200) and RMaster shows just fine

Ryzen Master.jpg

0 Likes
epsilons
Adept III

amdmatt‌ Just downloaded the new AMD Ryzen Master v1.5.3.902, and the installer is still broken for me.

Can't install it on my system. Get the famous "installation successful" message, but app still show v1.5.2.869 in the settings tab.

0 Likes
viditchess
Journeyman III

I just got AMD Ryzen 2950x.  I face the same issue, I am unable to install ryzen thread master. When I tried to download a fresh one from the website it says that I have already installed a newer version. I tried the steps of Epsilons but I couldn't find Condition Description. Step 18.

Is there a fix of this? 

Thank you

0 Likes

viditchess‌ sup, unfortunatly, it does seem that AMD doesn't care about this issue at all.

So here's a link that will got you covered with a working version of the installer I made myself :
Driver - AMD Ryzen Master v1.5.3.902.msi - Google Drive 

Hope it help you out !

Enjoy and have fun with your new Ryzen build!!

Thank you for the response epsilons‌. I appreciate it

After my post, I managed to download 1.4.0.728 version of RM from the Guru3d website. That was working for me.

A little off topic, but the reason I was looking for RM was to fix cores/threads issue. In one of the software, I get the almost the same speed with 16cores as with 32 threads (18813 vs 19635)which shouldn't be the case. I am attaching the pics for your reference. Am I missing anything simple? Thanks again!

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNGryzen master.PNG

0 Likes

1.4.0.728 from Guru3D is quite old, but work indeed since it use the exact same installer as me. Feel free to download the v1.5.3.902 I made, it's working exactly like the Guru3D one, with same installer UI and everything. But I think you will have to uninstall v1.4.0.728 before installing the new v1.5.3.902

For Ryzen clock speed, the most accurate value is always Ryzen Master, every other utilies fail / have difficulty to be consistent on reading frequency for Ryzen CPU unfortunatly. I guess it will improve overtime as the platform mature.

0 Likes

Unfortunately AMD not to worry not only about this but also about other problems ...

Your mod version is installed and working correctly, thanks!

0 Likes

You're welcome! Hope it help others who have same issue.

This problem persist ever since I bought my Ryzen 7 2700X sadly...

Glad I've found a workaround for other to enjoy.

gas980
Journeyman III

I have a problem too. I'm using Windows 10 64bit in brazil's portuguese language version. I have a Ryzen 2700x. The Ryzen Master don't install, the icon stay in the task bar, but nothing appear. My language have special symbols as Ç ç that are not present in languages as Spanish or Franch. Maybe that's the problem!

hey gas980‌ if you want to be able to install AMD Ryzen Master, set your Region to United States and language to English (Inside Windows Setting accesible with WINDOWS KEY + i, Time & Language on the Region and then Language tab.)

If this still doesnt work, you might want to try this version of AMD Ryzen Master instead, which have been installing flawlessly for many people :

Download AMD Ryzen Master v2.0.1.1233 

0 Likes
vuli
Adept I

well, this problem wasnt solved? I cant install RM on Win 10 1903

0 Likes

No, this problem has never been solved, I still face it every single time I want to update AMD Ryzen Master to a newer release/version and it's a shame, really !

But here is a solution for you that worked for everyone so far :

Need help! AMD Ryzen Master - Installation doesn't work but claim it's "Succesfully Installed"

THX MAN!!  

working on new version too.

after edit .msi,  and starting, the installation process was interrupted by some kind of error .. I went back to the folder
C: \ AMD \ RyzenMasterExtract \ MSIFiles \ Packages \ AMD Ryzen Master UI.exe
and re-launched AMD Ryzen Master UI.exe
it said something there that you need to run the setup.
and here I don’t remember whether I ran AMD Ryzen Master UI.exe again or launched the setup .. but it offered me to uninstall the program (a button appeared) .. I deleted ... then I clicked install again and everything was installed. . and working! but , the interface have an extremely Aero transparent interface .. It should not be so. but i can held it )   thx again!

Need help! AMD Ryzen Master - Installation doesn't work but claim it's "Succesfully Installed"

0 Likes
vuli
Adept I

okey, will give it a try.

0 Likes

Ehh, waste of time. Now it wants me to disable VBS, so I need to disable virtualization which I need to run Hyper V....

Incredible!

0 Likes
tastyratz
Adept II

The QT_Dependencies\setup.exe issue still exists with ryzen master 2.1.0.1424 .

amdmatt‌ you mentioned this was previously fixed, but, it does not appear to be.

Can the version check be bypassed through an install switch or other way to prevent recurrence across new builds? This is a persistent issue for the last few years.

For anyone starting at the original reddit thread, it's dead - but was referenced here as well as other threads. https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/cem5vw/newest_ryzen_master_wont_install_a_newer_version/

0 Likes
anti-radar
Journeyman III

After installing AMD Radeon software almost all newly opened windows were 3/4 transparant.

Only the bottom-right of the window was not transparant.

After hours of trying to figure out (re-installing a lot) what the issue was i still couldn't find it BUT then just by accident i discovered something that's so freaking odd that it's still a mystery for why it worked.

The 'solution' : when you see a transparant window try to resize that window with your mouse by dragging the windows border while pressing the left mouse button.

That's it ... strangely enough.

There are more issues with the software and the worst is that you will encounter problems running open windows on the foreground.

Something is terribly wrong with the driver imo, it seems to be locked to load only 1 window at any given time.

I'm not an expert in graphics cards but i'd say that the whole memory management of a regular workload is utterly broken and unstable.

However, when i play games i get much better performances overall so i'm really clueless on this.

Luckily my accidental solution works as a workaround but it's not something that should be nescessary.

0 Likes

For all who own a ASUS board:

ASUS also provides a software named Sonic Radar.

This particularly useless baggage uses a library called Nahimic for overlaying the info.

But it also interferes with Ryzen Master (prevents install and start, you 'see' only a transparent window and one core at 100%), because ASUS is using an old version of the aforementioned Nahimic library.

Another sideeffect is that this version of Nahimic also interferes with any number of .netCore 3.1 apps (graphical glitches on mouseovers).

Solution: Uninstall Sonic Radar

After i did that, Ryzen Master worked just fine for me.

@AMDDevs: There are ways to block Nahimic from interfering at all, look them up.

Have fun, enjoy life

- Algorithman

Yes, its the same for me. If I disable the NahimicService and running processes, RyzenMaster starts up fine.

Seems the Sonic **bleep** keeps creeping in after last updates I applied. So deinstall Sonic stuff and stop the service is a work around solution. I don’t need and use the Sonic stuff, so its ok. But I guess Some people will need it, and RyzenMaster should check and act accordingly if it finds the nahimc stuff.

0 Likes
Templar2k
Journeyman III

Hello Greyfang, did you solve your problem? If so what did you do. I now have the same problem, Ryzen Master will crash the PC as it always tries to apply a failed OC setting.

Thanks

0 Likes

0 Likes